Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally an AMEX Revolving Card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally an AMEX Revolving Card...

Pulled the trigger last night for the AMEX SPG card.  Got the 7 day message but when I checked the status after half an hour, it says APPROVED.  Tried to push my luck and apply for the CLEAR, got a message that system is down to try again later.  Received an email afterwards that my Clear application is now in progress.  Called CSR this morning still no update on my CLEAR but they gave me a 2K CL for the SPG and that I can ask for CLI after every 6 months.  Backdate to 1995 will be a big boost to my score.

I was surprised I was approved with a 660 FAKO EX score.  Maybe my one year using Zync helped me out or maybe the mix type of credit on my report.  Still fingers crossed on the CLEAR and hoping for the best.  I might try Apple Barclays since my TU UTIL is 13% then start gardening.

Thanks for all the help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
treefrogger
New Contributor

Re: Finally an AMEX Revolving Card...

Congratulations on a nice approval!

Message 2 of 4
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pulled the trigger last night for the AMEX SPG card.  Got the 7 day message but when I checked the status after half an hour, it says APPROVED.  Tried to push my luck and apply for the CLEAR, got a message that system is down to try again later.  Received an email afterwards that my Clear application is now in progress.  Called CSR this morning still no update on my CLEAR but they gave me a 2K CL for the SPG and that I can ask for CLI after every 6 months.  Backdate to 1995 will be a big boost to my score.

I was surprised I was approved with a 660 FAKO EX score.  Maybe my one year using Zync helped me out or maybe the mix type of credit on my report.  Still fingers crossed on the CLEAR and hoping for the best.  I might try Apple Barclays since my TU UTIL is 13% then start gardening.

Thanks for all the help.

Nice! Grats on the approval. 

Message 3 of 4
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

YMMV......I have this card too! Use in good health and request a CLI in 61 days.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.