cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed First Premier Accounts!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally closed First Premier Accounts!!!!

I am elated that I was finally able to close 2 First Premier accounts this morning!! Wooohooooo...

Hanging out in the garden for the next 18 months while I watch my numbers grow and new accounts mature. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
burntreality
New Contributor

Re: Finally closed First Premier Accounts!!!!

Congrats.

I know it was such a great feeling when I got to close my First Premier card 

Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 2 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on moving onSmiley Happy Next up, prime time babySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 17
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Every time a subprime/predatory lenders card gets closed a Credit Angel earns their wings....

Two Credit Angels just earned their wings.. you closed 2! 2! First Premier Accounts!  

Moving on up......

-J

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to your date stamp in your message, I closed my First Premier account about an hour after you.  I tried to close it a few months ago to avoid the $8 a month fee but they gave me a $35.00 credit.  I used that then for the next couple of months to pay the fees as I stopped using the card because I had obtained better cards.  My online account noted my $79.00 annual fee was due next month and so I cancelled this AM.  The tradeline did give me one full year of on time reporting to all the credit bureaus so that was good.  I'll probably get dinged a little on the credit score for closing the account but the fees aren't worth it and it was only a $700 credit line.  They were hard to get ahold of this AM to cancel but with one click of the button she closed the account. 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

According to your date stamp in your message, I closed my First Premier account about an hour after you.  I tried to close it a few months ago to avoid the $8 a month fee but they gave me a $35.00 credit.  I used that then for the next couple of months to pay the fees as I stopped using the card because I had obtained better cards.  My online account noted my $79.00 annual fee was due next month and so I cancelled this AM.  The tradeline did give me one full year of on time reporting to all the credit bureaus so that was good.  I'll probably get dinged a little on the credit score for closing the account but the fees aren't worth it and it was only a $700 credit line.  They were hard to get ahold of this AM to cancel but with one click of the button she closed the account. 

They definitely tried to entice me to stay. Even gave me the whole spiel about FICO warns against closing accounts to prevent high UTL Smiley LOL I very nicely told her I no longer need the accounts to maintain a descent UTL. Felt like I won the lottery letting those cards go Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

Congratulations!

Every time a subprime/predatory lenders card gets closed a Credit Angel earns their wings....

Two Credit Angels just earned their wings.. you closed 2! 2! First Premier Accounts!  

Moving on up......

-J

Thank you! I felt like I earned some wings myself cause boy was I flying high after that call! 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats for getting rid of them and moving to better cards. Definitely keep up with improving your credit profile and hopefully you will get some other good cards soon.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure u keep checking that they don’t hit u with any fees
i can log in to this day and get this every time

[img][/img]

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.