cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed First Premier Accounts!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally closed First Premier Accounts!!!!

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure u keep checking that they don’t hit u with any fees
i can log in to this day and get this every time

[img][/img]

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats for getting rid of them and moving to better cards. Definitely keep up with improving your credit profile and hopefully you will get some other good cards soon.

Thanks!! I’ll be sitting in the garden for the next 18 months after my app spree this past weekend. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 17
kiea
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations.  I hope to be able to close mines by August.  It will be 1 year in September and I definitely didn't plan on keeping this card longer than a year. 

As much as I don't like this card...I have to say I do believe the card has served it's purpose.  My score has went up since I opened it but I still will be more than happy to close it when the time comes.

Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

Make sure u keep checking that they don’t hit u with any fees
i can log in to this day and get this every time

[img][/img]

I reveived a letter in the mail for each account stating that the account was closed and the remaining balance was zero. So happy to finally be done with them. Will hold onto these letters for quite some time but definitely deleting the app as I can finally say I am done with First Premier! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 15 of 17
Washin17
Regular Contributor

I too have thier card.  Its my oldest account open in 2009.  I want to close it so bad but i dont know how it will affect me.

Starting Score: 530EQ, 531TU, 514EX (0/2016)
Current Score: 686EQ, 710TU, 686EX (03/2017)
Goal Score: 750+ (01/2018)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Closing your account won't affect your aaol only your utilization if you are carrying balances. The card will report up towards 10 or more years and will be continued to be factored in your FICO score. In your case you have a 9 year old card which is great but looking at your scores, probably dont need it
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.