Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally cracked the 10K "glass ceiling"

tag
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

Finally cracked the 10K "glass ceiling"

Yesterday, I used the back door number found here and spoke directly with a BoA credit analyist.  I had one CLI in Jan., going from 5k to 7.5k and thought "why not try again".  She was very courteous and asked what increase I wanted and of course I said "all I can get".  So, she asked a few questions about employment and salary, and put me on hold while she pulled a SOFT report.  She came back after only a minute and said she could approve a $2,500 CLI today if that would be acceptable.  I said "sure" and thanked her very much.

This is my first credit line to "crack the glass ceiling" of 10k so I'm pretty hyped.  I have other cards at 6,300, 7,500, 8,400, 9,500but this is my first at 10k.  Wooooo Hooooooo

Now if the others will just follow suit . . . . . <sigh>

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally cracked the 10K "glass ceiling"

Congrats, feels good doesn't it?
Message 2 of 11
score_building
Senior Contributor

that's terrific, congrats itsme!  good for you- you got the timing right again on your boa request.  i just had the same luck with a CU cc recently and was delighted- 10k+ sure makes uti less painful if a reporting bal slips through on me again, lol.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

That's awesome!

(I can only dream...lol)

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH just got approved for BofA card - I've seen several posts where they are CLD - so your post is great news!  Can you give us a little info on your history with them?  If it's okay -------

How long have you had the card?

What was your opening CL? (edited because I am now awake and know what I'm talking about)

What type of usage do you give that card?

What type of balances do you typically carry with them?

Sorry - I'm feeling a bit like I've put you under the microscope.  Think of it this way, we're just trying to learn from your great success.  Good work!

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-10-2009 06:51 AM
Message 5 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@utah2009 wrote:

DH just got approved for BofA card - I've seen several posts where they are CLD - so your post is great news!  Can you give us a little info on your history with them?  If it's okay -------

How long have you had the card? Since Jan. 09

What was your beginning balance?

Assume you mean CL - 5K - called back door number, requested 7.5k since I wanted to do a 4k BT and didn't want that high a useage - APPROVED

What type of usage do you give that card? Got it only for the 16 mo. 0% BT they were offering at the time.  Only had the one transaction for 4K  

What type of balances do you typically carry with them?  Bal. is now about 1.5k.  I pay a few hundred per month. With the CLI, my usage is now at 15%.

Sorry - I'm feeling a bit like I've put you under the microscope.  Think of it this way, we're just trying to learn from your great success.  Good work! 

Thank you! . . . That's what these forums are for - sharing.

Message 6 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

that's terrific, congrats itsme!  good for you- you got the timing right again on your boa request.  i just had the same luck with a CU cc recently and was delighted- 10k+ sure makes uti less painful if a reporting bal slips through on me again, lol.

Congrats to you Score.  Yes, the CLI brings my uti down to 15% on that card which is a lot less painful.  But CU's RULE!!

Message 7 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@GFer wrote:

That's awesome!

(I can only dream...lol)

GFer . . . In August 07 my scores were in the toilet.  I had ignored my credit for years.  I got involved in rebuilding when a car dealer offered to finance an old used car for 22.9%.  Since then I have successfully removed 24 incorrect entries on my reports and have over 60k in revolving CL's (total utl is 7%).  You can do it too.

Good Luck . . . . Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Itsmeagain on 07-10-2009 04:45 AM

Message 8 of 11
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Congrats. 
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 digit congrats to you!!!! That's a downright lovely CLI!

BoA has been very good to me too. Less than a month ago I got a 3k CLI surprise to hit the big 10k too!

Great job!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.