Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally getting somewhere with Cap1!!!

tag
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Finally getting somewhere with Cap1!!!

First time poster here. I have read tons of threads on the MyFico forums though. Thanks for all the usefull discussion topics by the way. I first learned about account combinations and PC's on Cap1 products from reading discussion topics on here so a few months ago i started trying. Backstory..... I started rebuilding my credit 8 years ago and started with Capital One. I opened a Platinum Mastercard in 2011 (SL $500) then a QS1 in 2012. (SL $1000). I got some cli's here and there, had high util on both for quite some time until finally buckling down and paying down balances. Finally getting the Platinum MC paid off not too long ago. Long story short, these 2 accounts have been stagnant for the last several years, both hanging at 4.5k cl each. Until I come across forums here about combining accounts and product changes. Try a few times, getting the no cards eligible message. I was thinking maybe it was the $3/ month membership fee that would hit after each statement but not worrying about it to much. Next few months come and go, still not happening. Now I'm getting discouraged, thinking I'm going to be stuck with these 2 subprime cards forever. Until last week I was finally able to combine the platinum MC into the QS1. Then just a few days ago I get the option to upgrade QS1 to QS. Previous upgrade option was only QS1 to Venture 1. Now I have a regular QS card with a 9k CL. So yeah I'm pretty excited about continuing my quest for stellar credit keeping Cap1 in my wallet. Thanks again MyFico folks for all the info and discussions found in these forums. As far as adding credit scores and all that stuff associated with my MyFico profile ( I think you all call them data points?) , I'm still figuring that out. As i haven't purchased any Fico score/ monitoring products from MyFico yet. Assuming that's what i need to do for scores to be visible to other forum users. (And pics of the cards I have). But my free fico that come with some credit accounts most recently show 712. Credit Karma: Transunion 760, Equifax 764

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally getting somewhere with Cap1!!!

@Jmbamman wrote:
First time poster here. I have read tons of threads on the MyFico forums though. Thanks for all the usefull discussion topics by the way. I first learned about account combinations and PC's on Cap1 products from reading discussion topics on here so a few months ago i started trying. Backstory..... I started rebuilding my credit 8 years ago and started with Capital One. I opened a Platinum Mastercard in 2011 (SL $500) then a QS1 in 2012. (SL $1000). I got some cli's here and there, had high util on both for quite some time until finally buckling down and paying down balances. Finally getting the Platinum MC paid off not too long ago. Long story short, these 2 accounts have been stagnant for the last several years, both hanging at 4.5k cl each. Until I come across forums here about combining accounts and product changes. Try a few times, getting the no cards eligible message. I was thinking maybe it was the $3/ month membership fee that would hit after each statement but not worrying about it to much. Next few months come and go, still not happening. Now I'm getting discouraged, thinking I'm going to be stuck with these 2 subprime cards forever. Until last week I was finally able to combine the platinum MC into the QS1. Then just a few days ago I get the option to upgrade QS1 to QS. Previous upgrade option was only QS1 to Venture 1. Now I have a regular QS card with a 9k CL. So yeah I'm pretty excited about continuing my quest for stellar credit keeping Cap1 in my wallet. Thanks again MyFico folks for all the info and discussions found in these forums. As far as adding credit scores and all that stuff associated with my MyFico profile ( I think you all call them data points?) , I'm still figuring that out. As i haven't purchased any Fico score/ monitoring products from MyFico yet.
I think new posters don't yet have the ability to change their profiles very much.  You don't need a subscription at all.

Assuming that's what i need to do for scores to be visible to other forum users. (And pics of the cards I have). But my free fico that come with some credit accounts most recently show 712. Credit Karma: Transunion 760, Equifax 764

Let's kill that one right now.  Your FICO scores do not come from Credit Karma.  You're looking at Vantage scores which can be off as much as 100 points from your true FICO scores.  These are commonly called FAKO scores.  Credit Karma is a nice monitoring tool for account balances, inquiry alerts, etc.  The scores are junk.  This also includes scores from Capital One's Credit Wise.
Oh and welcome to the forums!
Message 2 of 8
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Yeah the 712 came from Synchrony free fico score . The others are from the weird Vantage score junk

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jmbamman wrote:
Yeah the 712 came from Synchrony free fico score . The others are from the weird Vantage score junk

Perfect.  Many people that come here are unaware that their scores from Credit Karma are not their real FICO scores. 

As far as adding stuff to your signature, here are some how to threads that may interest you.

Adding cards to profile

Badges for your signature

Message 4 of 8
Jmbamman
New Contributor

Awesome thanks!!

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Call CS and ask if you can get the card from Platinum to maybe World Master Card. That will drop the bucket. May not work but you might hit the jackpot.

Message 6 of 8
Jmbamman
New Contributor

I came across a thread today and read all about the whole Platinum vs WMC & WEMC. Never knew about those different platforms with Cap1. The back is my card doesn't say Platinum ( old card) but it does in the statement. Waiting for the next statement since the combination and pc. Who knows maybe I will get lucky and it will change to WMC. I've read that had happened without being asked, yet very very unlikely. Fingers crossed.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Call CS and ask if you can get the card from Platinum to maybe World Master Card. That will drop the bucket. May not work but you might hit the jackpot.

I didn’t even know you can ask for that, I thought it was something they upgraded you to or left you behind on Platinum. I mean I’m happy with my current limit of $8250 but if I get them to convert it to a WMC, I can get rid of my SSFCU WMC that’s just taking up space. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.