cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got an upgrade offer to Cap One QS; should I do it?

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally got an upgrade offer to Cap One QS; should I do it?

You can customize your Capital One cards so they're different colors or so they have a custom photo of your choice.

With its annual fee, you need to spend $11,800 annually on the Venture for its 2% rewards to exceed the return of the Quicksilver's 1.5% rewards. You also give up some simplicity as the Venture's rewards are only redeemable toward travel purchases.

Message 21 of 23
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The platinum is from late 2014, started with $500, slowly crept up to $2000 limit.  The dumb QS1 is less than 60 days old, wouldn't have bothered with it if I had known the upgrade was even possible.  I don't really know what I want, I'm AU on my wife's Venture1.  The reality is, I don't want to confuse myself with 2 cards that look very similar.  I'd be content with even a QS1 in a different color so I could tell at a glance which one is which. 

I understand and I agree about having more than one card that look alike.  It could be confusing.  I don't think I would want the QS1 because of the annual fee, alone.  There aren't enough perks to justify it in my opinon.  As far as not knowing what you want, I say take your time and determine which cards, even the ones outside of Cap One, fit your needs and will be most beneficial.  During the re-build I am trying to be very strategic with the cards I apply for.  No more getting cards just because they are there and I can unless they will be beneficial to me now or in the long run.  Good luck to you! Smiley Wink

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, if I can order the QS1 in a different color, I'd be content to leave it just the way it is, and try to PC it to a non-AF QS at some point.  My wife and I communicate sometimes as far as card color..."use the green one", as opposed to "use the Frontier Barclay" and it's handy to be able to differentiate readily.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.