Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally joined NFCU

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

Finally joined NFCU

CalledNFCU last night  and CSR walked me thru in 10 minutes...........very nice.  Opened savings only for now......but was approved for auto loan @ 1.9%.   

Finally have USAA PENFED and NFCU.  Finally in ALL PRIME TIME Smiley Very Happy

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally joined NFCU

What took you so long to join? Smiley Tongue

I'm just kidding, congrats on joining one of the best CUs ever!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read NFCU seems to be a Great CU, and VERY generous with CL's with their CC's.

Congratulations, Great job!!

I'd love to become a Member but, I have no relatives that are currently serving our country, and my Father and Grandfather who have served are not Members of NFCU, so it seems I have no way in Smiley Sad

And I really don't want to ask my Father or Grandfather to join just so I can become a Member, I think that would be a bit selfish on my part.

Message 3 of 19
konabill
Regular Contributor

Alert Reported by:
TransUnion                                   Surprised by the TU pull....................

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to become a Member but, I have no relatives that are currently serving our country, and my Father and Grandfather who have served are not Members of NFCU, so it seems I have no way in Smiley Sad

And I really don't want to ask my Father or Grandfather to join just so I can become a Member, I think that would be a bit selfish on my part.

Me and my wife joined through my in-laws. My wife just told the rep on the phone that her mom was retired from the Army after serving 24 years, and that was good enough for them. Didn't ask her mom to join, didn't ask for any discharge papers, nothing.

So you might be able to join through your relatives' eligibility even without them joining.

Message 5 of 19
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@konabill wrote:
Alert Reported by:
TransUnion                                   Surprised by the TU pull....................

They pulled TU for me when I joined.  A bit common IMO.

Message 6 of 19
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

this is true. im going to join come spring when i can put down a hefty deposit on a secured card so i can rebuild credit. anyways a military family member doesnt have to be a member of the cu they only had to be in service

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 7 of 19
john398
Senior Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

this is true. im going to join come spring when i can put down a hefty deposit on a secured card so i can rebuild credit. anyways a military family member doesnt have to be a member of the cu they only had to be in service

Do they have to be living?

Message 8 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

Still amazes me that they don't allow prior service to join. Would be a great CU to join.

Message 9 of 19
konabill
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Still amazes me that they don't allow prior service to join. Would be a great CU to join.

I agree with you about accepting Prior Service.......

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.