Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Fresh Start

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Fingerhut Fresh Start

I recently made my 4th and final payment to my Fingerhut account. My statement cut on the 1st and EX reported the installment loan was paid off and I lost 3 points. This morning I received an alert from EX that the account is paid off and closed. What happens now? Just another closed account on my reports? When I log into my Fingerhut account it still says Fresh Start and my credit limit of $230.00.
1 REPLY 1
outofcredit
Established Contributor

Re: Fingerhut Fresh Start

@CivalV wrote:
I recently made my 4th and final payment to my Fingerhut account. My statement cut on the 1st and EX reported the installment loan was paid off and I lost 3 points. This morning I received an alert from EX that the account is paid off and closed. What happens now? Just another closed account on my reports? When I log into my Fingerhut account it still says Fresh Start and my credit limit of $230.00.

You should receive an email or snail mail letter from Fingerhut within a week or two congratulating you on completing the Freshstart program and informing you of your new "revolving" account information.  Normally, a cli accompanies this transition.  YMMV.  Fingerhut likes usage, doesn't have to be large purchases, and usually will be consistent with cli's.  I would suggest waiting for "free shipping" promos to avoid paying excessive costs for already overpriced items.  Congrats on your graduation!

Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, I've learned to dance in the rain.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.