Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Graduation

tag
CivalV
Established Contributor

Fingerhut Graduation

So January 27th I finally paid off my Fingerhut Freshstart account. I made 4 on time payments and the account reported as a closed paid loan on all reports. 2 weeks after it reported closed I still did not receive any notice that the account graduated. I called CS and they stated it could take 2 weeks to receive a letter or email about my graduation. Well now I still have not received anything and guessing my account was not eligible to graduate? Has this happened to anyone else? 

I am not sure if this is the correct board so sorry if it isn’t! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut Graduation

You have a bunch of cards I wouldn't worry about Fingerhut account. All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What even is fingerhut? I had never even heard of it until I started researching credit cards.

I mean from what I can tell it’s some mail order catalog? What is the advantage of using fingerhut other than that they’ll give you a credit card? And it only works for their catalog? Seems like there are better ways to get credit...like a secured card.

“All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.”

You weren’t kidding!!!
https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NNMGW.uts

That same phone is $449 directly from Apple , go see for yourself

Fingerhut charges $705 and that’s after their “$245” discount LOL

This might be the worst option for building your credit

Message 3 of 11
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@CivalV wrote:

So January 27th I finally paid off my Fingerhut Freshstart account. I made 4 on time payments and the account reported as a closed paid loan on all reports. 2 weeks after it reported closed I still did not receive any notice that the account graduated. I called CS and they stated it could take 2 weeks to receive a letter or email about my graduation. Well now I still have not received anything and guessing my account was not eligible to graduate? Has this happened to anyone else? 

I am not sure if this is the correct board so sorry if it isn’t! 

Did you make four on time payments in four months or four in one month?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 11
CivalV
Established Contributor

Four on time payments in 4 months
Message 5 of 11
CivalV
Established Contributor

I only purchased an item under $100 just to have it graduate and use it for UTL padding. Not to actually purchase anything with it. I had the Freshstart account for 2 years and did not use it up until 4-5 months ago.
Message 6 of 11
CivalV
Established Contributor

Thanks! Yes I am aware of the absurd prices. I only wanted the graduation for UTL padding. I had the account for 2 years and just used it 4-5 months ago simply for the graduation lol
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CivalV wrote:
Thanks! Yes I am aware of the absurd prices. I only wanted the graduation for UTL padding. I had the account for 2 years and just used it 4-5 months ago simply for the graduation lol

I see you want a NFCU.  Have you applied for one of their cards yet?  They will give you more utilization padding then Fingerhut will ever give you. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
What even is fingerhut? I had never even heard of it until I started researching credit cards.

I mean from what I can tell it’s some mail order catalog? What is the advantage of using fingerhut other than that they’ll give you a credit card? And it only works for their catalog? Seems like there are better ways to get credit...like a secured card.

“All their merchandise is double of what it costs elsewhere.”

You weren’t kidding!!!
https://www.fingerhut.com/product/NNMGW.uts

That same phone is $449 directly from Apple , go see for yourself

Fingerhut charges $705 and that’s after their “$245” discount LOL

This might be the worst option for building your credit

I had a regular credit account with them.  I found some Olaf moving doll that was on clearance for $20 that was actually less than list.  I never saw anything else besides that that wasn't double in price. I did it after I got declined by Walmart and Target.  Then I got approved by Cap One, BOA, NFCU, J Crew, Poterry Barn, Kohls,  Express etc and realized that it was a waste of time.  The only reason to get their account if you can't get anything else that doesn't charge fees.  

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get an email about graduating for a couple of weeks after my last payment cleared. Just log into your account daily, that's how I first discovered my account had graduated. I got a message that said something like, Congratulations, you now have $500 in available credit.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.