Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fired My Last Secured Card Today!

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

Fired My Last Secured Card Today!

It felt good. Orchard Bank Mastercard outlived its usefulness. It was great and actually probably my best building card but it had an annual fee and they wouldnt unsecure it so it went! I was told I would get my deposit back in 30 days. Not holding my breath on that but well see. I canceled my second to last one last month ( Applied Bank ) and actually got my deposit back in less than 2 weeks so well see. Sorry for the rant but no one in my live gets excited about credit.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Fired My Last Secured Card Today!

Congrats..... Rant away!

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great! I agree with the Orchard card being one of the better rebuilders. I will keep mine open since it's the unsecured with no AF but in your situation I would of done the same thing.
Message 3 of 9
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

How did you get the orchard without annual fee?

TU: 738
EQ: 721
EX: 732 Plus score
Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I have had the Orchard card with-out a fee. I just applied for the card and was approved back at that time. I never knew they charged a fee until I started reading these boards. Don't know if something changed since I applied or just a determination based on CR they pulled.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 9
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

Now, they offer the secured Orchard card for annual fee that will increase later after it graduates.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have had my no annual fee Orchard for 4 years. Started at a 500 CL and still there. Never a CLI but it got me on the road to better cards.
Message 7 of 9
Raziel77
Regular Contributor

I'm going to close my orchard card because of the yearly fee, I already advanced in my credit score
Message 8 of 9
mross1080
Established Contributor

I think im getting allergic to annual fees. Maybe next year ill cancel my capital one cards. There the last ones left. Except Amex but I think of that more like paying to get into the club.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.