cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Community Bank (MO AND AR) 3 different cards with terrific customer service

tag
username2840

First Community Bank (MO AND AR) 3 different cards with terrific customer service

I couldn't find much information on this bank so I wanted to create a posting that described the different cards they are offering now that I have one. This bank offers 3 credit cards and Ill list below.

They pull Trans union for approvals and are available to anyone in MO or AR. Their customer service is really amazing; they go above and beyond to be nice and to help you anyway they can and i found this to be a super duper PLUS, especially with all of the questions I kept asking them HAHAHAHA.  These cards have a 25 day grace period on purchases.

All of their cards ask you to enter what you want your credit limit to be on the application. You can make payments in branches if you happen to live close to one.

Ascent (the card I have) is a secured card with a 18.99% apr and a annual fee of 35.00. This card has the ability to be "upgraded" to their Granite card after 12 months of positive history and you'll maintain your same account number and have your deposit returned to you with some interest. Application, approval, funding and card creation took a total of 2 buisness days. I had a 582 score at approval and they approved the limit i requested.

Granite is their "lower rate" card and it comes with a 13.49% APR and no annual fee. It has a 2% fee for cash advances and balance transfer checks and a 3% balance transfer fee,,,, if you choose to submit electronically.

Peak is their rewards credit card that is a 2% cash back on rotating quarterly categories and 1% cash back on anything else. The APR is 17.49%APR with no annual fee. It also has a 2% fee for cash advances and checks and 3% for electronically submitted BTs.

Of course you can find better rewards cards but this bank has terrific customer service and you can talk to the underwriter who is making the decision so that can be benefit to some who are looking for a more personal experience. Just wanted to share all of this knowledge i acquired while talking with them these last few days in case it could benefit someone else looking for a card and just happens to be in their footprint.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Re: First Community Bank (MO AND AR) 3 different cards with terrific customer service

Thanks, that was a nice review. 

I have an account with a Misery bank, commerce. I'll offer that their customer service is useless. I used to live in the state of misery, near the river of despair, maybe you know the area.

Message 2 of 6
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Re: First Community Bank (MO AND AR) 3 different cards with terrific customer service

Thanks for sharing but 3 geofenced non-impressive, less than stellar cards - just for some good customer service?  I'll take higher rewards and lesser customer service please.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ptatohed wrote:

Thanks for sharing but 3 geofenced non-impressive, less than stellar cards - just for some good customer service?  I'll take higher rewards and lesser customer service please.  

I agree, but OP had a 582 score at approval, so options were limited.  And I expect at least some places don't go out of their way to help potentially higher-risk clients.

Message 4 of 6
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@ptatohed wrote:

I agree, but OP had a 582 score at approval, so options were limited.  And I expect at least some places don't go out of their way to help potentially higher-risk clients.

Thus probably the reason they selected the secured card.  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the information. Congratulations on your approval.

And welcome to the forum.

Total revolving limits 650200 (530700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 708 TU 714 EX 715

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.