cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Consumers National Bank

tiffanytaylor727

First Consumers National Bank

I would like to begin by saying I found this forum today and it is a wealth of great information. My issue is that I am trying to repair my credit score which is 529 with about 11 collection accounts delinquent from hospital bills. The highest is First Consumer National Bank with a high balance of $1300 and my credit limit was $300. The company went out of business in 2001 or 2002 but I was paying them and they started hitting me with all types of late fees and interest rates. I tried contacting them but I got no luck and their are a lot of forums about this company. I have written letters and tried disputing this item but I have not gotten any assistance. The debt has been sold to a third party company, but I do not trust sending anything until I have proof it is legit. At this time I do not know what to do, I even contacted my Attorney General and I did not get a reply. Does anyone have any advice for me because my husband and I would like to purchase a home in a couple years. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sleigh17
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Consumers National Bank

tiffanytaylor727 wrote:
I would like to begin by saying I found this forum today and it is a wealth of great information. My issue is that I am trying to repair my credit score which is 529 with about 11 collection accounts delinquent from hospital bills. The highest is First Consumer National Bank with a high balance of $1300 and my credit limit was $300. The company went out of business in 2001 or 2002 but I was paying them and they started hitting me with all types of late fees and interest rates. I tried contacting them but I got no luck and their are a lot of forums about this company. I have written letters and tried disputing this item but I have not gotten any assistance. The debt has been sold to a third party company, but I do not trust sending anything until I have proof it is legit. At this time I do not know what to do, I even contacted my Attorney General and I did not get a reply. Does anyone have any advice for me because my husband and I would like to purchase a home in a couple years. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

I had 2 FCNB accounts that went bad when I became ill in 2001. When they went out of business, they sold them to Midland Collection Agency. I disputed them with the CRA and both FCNB accounts were removed from all 3 CR because FCNB did not respond, but the CA are still there. Midland Collection Agency demanded payment in full, which I was unable to provide to them.

I offered a payment plan and they refused. Finally after 2 yrs, they gave up and now the SOL on suing me in my state is up. However, they still add interest and report them every month.  They could have been paid off if they had not been so stubborn about it.

None of my CR list these accounts as delinquent, but all list them as derogatory. I am waiting until 12/07 when the first one is coming off at one CR and then in 05/08, the last one is coming off from the last CR. What more can I do?
FICO SCORES 10/13/2007: TU 661 / EQ 637 / EX 617)
FICO SCORES 11/11/2007: TU 669 / EQ 637 / EX 623 (Looking for 700)
Fico Scores 01/04/2008: TU 667 12/23/2007 / EQ 628 / EX 617
Message 2 of 3
tiffanytaylor727

Re: First Consumers National Bank

I have really become frustrated with these horrible companies. I refuse to pay them because i know they are being shady and they offer you nothing. It is a website dedicated solely to people that have been ripped off by FCNB. I am going to write to my Attorney General for my state which is Michigan and see what happens. One of their victims stated that she wrote a letter and demanded they provide her proof of the account and when they couldn't they gave up and remove the delinquencies from her CR.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.