Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank Omaha Core Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First National Bank Omaha Core Cards

I was interested in applying for the Prime Rate Visa on their website.  

I live in their footprint according to the "input of zip code" box before applying, however I do not have any deposit accounts (checking, savings) and I was wondering if that is required for First National Bank of Omaha's core cards?  I know it isn't required for the cobrands.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First National Bank Omaha Core Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I live in their footprint according to the "input of zip code" box before applying, however I do not have any deposit accounts (checking, savings) and I was wondering if that is required for First National Bank of Omaha's core cards?  I know it isn't required for the cobrands.  

no it isnt required you are good to go if you have a good experian score and not alot of recent inquiries.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO!  Don't Do It!  LOL!  That bank is the biggest pain in the Butt, so consider they'll be constantly scrutinizing every thing you charge, where, how much, etc...  To many other options to even give them the time of day....

Message 3 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NO!  Don't Do It!  LOL!  That bank is the biggest pain in the Butt, so consider they'll be constantly scrutinizing every thing you charge, where, how much, etc...  To many other options to even give them the time of day....

I have never ever experienced this.

In the MyFICO world FNBO is sought after for the consistent cli’s Every 4 months.

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 4 of 12
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity is spot on.

Go for it

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, having 3 of their partner [FNBO] cards has not been an issue IME in the past 5 years. Some others can also vouch their experiences like @gdale6, @CreditCuriosity, @woodyman100, etc.

While it's possible some profiles or specific patterns can raise some flags, but that's not just with FNBO, it's been reported with issuers like Chase, US Bank, BoA, Barclays, etc.
Message 6 of 12
LOC
Contributor

I

@Anonymous wrote:

I have had a pleasant experience with FNBO as well.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: 696
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not seen this either, this bank is conservative but they will help you in rebuilding pretty easily and if you treat they right you get regular CLIs and substantial ones by calling in. I have even maxed out multi cards early in my rebuild and they never even batted an eye paying just a little more than minimum for awhile. Currently I am carrying a balance with them on a fixed APR for the life of the loan making around 100 a month and that is nowhere near 2x minimum and they are sending me checks on a fixed APR yet again.

@Anonymous wrote:

No you dont need any deposit accounts. As CC says if your EX is in order and you dont have a bunch of recent inquiries or new accounts go ahead and apply. Most apps are reviewed by human eyes before approval. If you get an instant approval it means they really like your profile.

Message 8 of 12
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I've had their AMEX card for years - no issues with them and responsive customer service.

If you like the card benefits and they fit your spending patterns - go for it.   

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 12
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Another FNBO fan here. They gave a decent credit limit and I never had any complaints about their customer service. I ended up closing the card due to the card's lackluster rewards, not poor service.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.