Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha Pre-Approval

tag
DI
Super Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha Pre-Approval

Some how FNB was able to get me a pre-approval letter despite my opting out to receive pre-approvals 7 years ago.  I noticed they softed my EX reports back in May.  They sent me an invitation to apply for the Discover co-branded card.    I passed on the offer. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha Pre-Approval

I also just received one of these solicitation from FNBO.  They are offering 0% on BT's for 1 year, but the real clincher is that they also offered me 9.9% APR fixed for life, which i find interesting.  I'm not sure about apping, i have until 8/24 to decide.  Maybe some others here can shed some light on their guidelines, scores, etc. for approval.  How are they with starting CL's? etc....... Seems pretty straightforward after reading the fine print, but i don't know very much about them.

Thanks

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 2 of 7
christopherb222
Established Member

Kippie,

I got this two about 5 weeks ago. I got the 9.9% for life. CL of $2300. From what I read they are a great bank. My score was 702 but I had in the last two weeks opened a discover, home depot and chase freedom.

Chris

Message 3 of 7
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info, Chris.  I'll think about it and post my results if i decide to apply.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

FNBO sent me pre-approval for 11.99% fixed life Platinum Edition Visa by mail. I applied the card online and I didn't get instant approval. They pulled EXP.  I checked the status of the application after six hours and they approved for $15,000. I received the card yesterday.

Ron.

Message 5 of 7
startover03
New Contributor

Ron1 congrats on your approval!  Can you please share your fico scores and util?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the letter and applied, they approved me first for $5,000, when I logged to their website to activate and setup the account, I had $10,500... so it works for me now that I'm building credit history (and btw, this means Orchard is bye bye, 69USD AF for 300??)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.