cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha is restricting access to their products based on market service area

tag
navyox
Regular Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha is restricting access to their products based on market service are

Wow, I got an offer in the mail from them last month and I am nowhere near them.   Seems kind of strange they would be sending out applications an apparently unaware this change would be coming down the pipeline a month later.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 21 of 26
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha is restricting access to their products based on market service are

No big loss IMO.  My brother has an FNBO Visa and I was never impressed with what they offered.  They also charge $10 just to replace a lost/stolen card (and that doesn't include expedited delivery - just regular mail).  I told him to switch over to the USAA MC he also has, but old habits die hard for him.

Message 22 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
FNBO CRs said that current card members will be unaffected by the restricted marketing area. The CR was not sure how long the restriction would be in place. Seems other bank lendors are doing the same thing. Wonder why?

Good info 

Thanks a bunchSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 26
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

so i read this earlier this month. ive been getting a couple of offers from them in the mail for their visa card. so i figured the offer ive received is no longer valid because of this post. but just today i received a pre approval offer from them for their amex card. so now im confused. why would i get the offer if i dont live in their service area? did the restriction get lifted already?

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly they are NOT accepting general applications (excepting people they seek out).
Message 25 of 26
navyox
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Possibly they are NOT accepting general applications (excepting people they seek out).

That makes sense, got another Amex offer in the mail last week.    Not biting though, Garden strong.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.