Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First National Bank of Omaha

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: First National Bank of Omaha

love these guys had their card for years. customer service is great! started with the bucksback visa, dont think you can get anymore and also have the amex version, yes you can pay over time, great credit limit and rewards are 2% on gas, that is what I use it for, cash back in form of direct deposit to your selected account (savings or checking and not with their bank only).

Message 11 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

I have one.

From all my research done here everyone that receives the mail offer is approved and I haven't seen anyone denied.

I app'd in June approved the next day. 2% gas and groceries 1% everything else.

Another plus I found you just call them every 4 months and ask if you have a pre-approved CLI if so its a SP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I have one.

From all my research done here everyone that receives the mail offer is approved and I haven't seen anyone denied.

Another plus I found you just call them every 4 months and ask if you have a pre-approved CLI if so its a SP

Well shoot... my partner has gotten 4 offers now and the last one just expired and he did not apply.... If another one comes I think it might just be time to try!

Message 13 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

I have one.

Well shoot... my partner has gotten 4 offers now and the last one just expired and he did not apply.... If another one comes I think it might just be time to try!

The last 2 months or so I've seen more approvals than before all for mail offers and they SP'd my EX before I got the offer in March

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 19
Cirnite
Established Member

I received the pre-approval offer nearly two months ago and was intrigued.  I read nearly every post about FBNO and the benefits of having this card.  My offer was due to expire in three days   I always wanted an AMEX card but didn't think that I would qualify. This afternoon I couldn't resist the urge and applied online. I got the message that my app was received and would be reviewed in the next 2-3 weeks.  Somewhat disappointed, I told myself to be patient and wait.

I got home tonight and I recalled a post that someone had applied and was approved but didn't know their limit so they were advised to log onto the FBNO site  and enter phone #, zip and last 4 SS#. to obtain their CL.  I couldn't wait 2 or 3 weeks never the less tomorrow so I entered the info and hit the submit button......Success!  I was approved for my largest limit $5600 and card will be mailed out in 7-10 days! 

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, its off to the garden I go......Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 536 CK (07/11); 610 EQ Fico (08/12)
Current Score: 714 EQ FICO; 700 TU FICO; 727 Walmart TU; 716 EX FICO (07/11/13)
Goal Score: 720 FICO across the board

Message 15 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Cirnite wrote:

I received the preappoval offer nearly two months ago and was intrigued.  I read nearly every post about FBNO and the benefits of having this card.  My offer was due to expire in three days   I always wanted an AMEX card but didn't think that I would qualify. This afternoon I couldn't resist the urge and applied online. I got the message that my app was received and would be reviewed in the next 2-3 weeks.  Somewhat disappointed, I told myself to be patient and wait.

I got home tonight and I recalled a post that someone had applied and was approved but didn't know their limit so they were advised to log onto the FBNO site  and enter phone #, zip and last 4 SS#. to obtain their CL.  I couldn't wait 2 or 3 weeks never the less tomorrow so I entered the info and hit the submit button......Success!  I was approved for my largest limit $5600 and card will be mailed out in 7-10 days! 

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, its off to the garden I go......Smiley Happy

Congrats

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 19
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

i got that offer last week nifty looking black card, NPSL, 2% back on gas and grocery 0 intro for 1 yr. if you read the fine print it does say you will be assigned a revolving limit and when you exceede that limit they will eval if they allow you exceede it,  seems like decent card not enough to tempt me out of the garden though.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 17 of 19
vpae
Established Contributor

I have the Visa. They pulled EX back in Mar 12. I used it for BT 0%. They gave me the largest CL at the time. I think it was $7K or $8K. They gave me an auto CLI to $10K this year, I never knew about their SP CLI or else I would have asked for more, months ago. I called and got a CLI SP a month ago to $15k.

It says maximum rewards on it but the rewards are so so. APR is 13.99%.

Good card to keep around. Most of my recent TL matched this one. So I have them to thank for giving me a chance! 

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 18 of 19
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I received an offer from them (yet again!!) back in June I believe and finally went for it.  Got the same message regarding application will be reviewed and should receive a response in 2 weeks or something to that effect.  Submitted app on a Friday night and was approved first thing the following Monday morning.  CL $14,100.   Haven't used the card yet but will soon.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.