Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post: Home Depot vs. Lowes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Post: Home Depot vs. Lowes

Hello 

My name is Marty. This is my first post. I recently brought my first house and I was looking to remodel somethings around the house. I want a lowes or home depot credit card. I am not sure which is higher limits or easier approval 

My credit is EX 732 TU 718 EQ 741 

I currently have a few credit cards store and major. 

Home Depot or Lowes for approvals, limits???

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Re: First Post: Home Depot vs. Lowes

Hi Marty and welcome.  If those are your real scores, and not FAKO, then I don't think you will have any problem getting both cards at the same time Smiley Very Happy

EDIT:  Here is a website you can check out that will give you info on what others were approved with and thier scores.  

WhoGaveMeCredit

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 2 of 30
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

if tu is your worse report id stay away from lowes. 

i mean its still good but not sure how much of a limit they would give you. (but ge's credit limit increases come quick)

home depot is backed by citi, and they dont pull tu too my knowledge. 

how are your inq's looking on each report? 

*note i dont own a house or have ethier of these cards. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhaeny wrote:

Hi Marty and welcome.  If those are your real scores, and not FAKO, then I don't think you will have any problem getting both cards at the same time Smiley Very Happy

Thank You yes im enrolled and those are my scores as of now i want to pull the trigger but i want a high limit!!!!

Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have anywhere from 4-6 inquires on the report. 

@creditnocash wrote:

if tu is your worse report id stay away from lowes. 

i mean its still good but not sure how much of a limit they would give you. (but ge's credit limit increases come quick)

home depot is backed by citi, and they dont pull tu too my knowledge. 

how are your inq's looking on each report? 

*note i dont own a house or have ethier of these cards. 

Message 5 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I added a link for you in my original post.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rhaeny wrote:

Thanks Im going to try the home depot right now!!!! I will keep you posted!!

@Rhaeny wrote:

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i went on Home Depot website and applied for the consumer card and BANG APPROVED FOR $7,500.00 I cant believe it im so surprised it is a higher limit than it expected. Not trying to be greeding but this still wont cover !! haha

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Message 8 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well i went on Home Depot website and applied for the consumer card and BANG APPROVED FOR $7,500.00 I cant believe it im so surprised it is a higher limit than it expected. Not trying to be greeding but this still wont cover !! haha

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Congrats!!!

Well you can always recon....meaning call an underwriter at Home Depot and try to get it raised.  The numbers are listed in the sticky section here under "backdoor numbers".  Many, many people use this numbers to request a CLI.  Do a search here for Home Depot recon and see what others have done to give you an idea.

Message 9 of 30
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Congrats! id try for the walmart and lowe's now. 

and then stop. 

let all the inqs age off together. 

you might/probably will get the discover version for walmart so thats always a plus and you can get a free tu fico from them when enrolling in estatements. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.