Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Post: Home Depot vs. Lowes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Post: Home Depot vs. Lowes

I know but I think if i say im remoulding my home maybe??? I dont know but my dad has the lowes consumer card with a 20,000 limit and our credit and income are basically the same

@creditnocash wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank You I acutally saw this I want to tommorow. Do you think 12,000 is greddy to ask???

@kevinjjc wrote:

@2ndTimeAround2012 wrote:

Welcome Marty!

Just curious, did you get the Lowe's card?

After all the new accounts I've opened within the last couple of months I'm in the garden until 12/13!!

I will have to share your excitement... LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you , yes i applied online and recieved a 1,000 limit which im a acutally mad. i acutally thought I would have recieved better credit line than home depot. I really need about 7,000 ro 10,000.00 haha I guess ill let it age

You can call the backdoor # for a GECRB underwriter to reconsider you for a higher credit limit.

honestly yes! but i mean its a soft pull so it really doesnt matter. they can counter it. (on the ge card)

for my walmart i trippled the first time and then doubled on my second cli. so its possible. 

Message 21 of 30
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

MRomano442, please reply at the bottom when you do a quote reply... easier for everyone to read and follow the conversation. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry i like to write at the top. sorry if you have a problem 

@kevinjjc wrote:

MRomano442, please reply at the bottom when you do a quote reply... easier for everyone to read and follow the conversation. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

LOL!! Well its not actually just him that feels that way Smiley Very Happy.  

It's like watching a movie backwards or reading the answer before the question.  I've had to re-read a couple of your posts twice but then I looked at your post count and realized that you were new and just didn't understand....LOL!

However, you will find that in all forums if you quote someone that the quote comes first and then your reply.  It's called reading in order of the conversation.  It's sort of an unwritten rule, but then you are certainly free to continue to go on like you want, and those that are bothered by it will either help you or they won't.  

Anyway back to the topic, so have you made your decision on what you will recon for?  Do you know what you're going to say if they ask why you want a higher limit?  You know I've read that people recon stating they want to go on a major trip and they are successful with getting recons so since it's Lowes I guess you can say that you are doing something with your house or something...like a major project and that you want to save some money.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes brought a beatiful home new built in 2002 recently I bought for a short sale and its exterior is still beatuiful but the kitchen and bathrooms need some updating for my taste. I will like to recon for 10,000 my credit is 741 and Income is about $150,000 no baddies never and a few inquires. so we will see on monday

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

LOL!! Well its not actually just him that feels that way Smiley Very Happy.  

It's like watching a movie backwards or reading the answer before the question.  I've had to re-read a couple of your posts twice but then I looked at your post count and realized that you were new and just didn't understand....LOL!

However, you will find that in all forums if you quote someone that the quote comes first and then your reply.  It's called reading in order of the conversation.  It's sort of an unwritten rule, but then you are certainly free to continue to go on like you want, and those that are bothered by it will either help you or they won't.  

Anyway back to the topic, so have you made your decision on what you will recon for?  Do you know what you're going to say if they ask why you want a higher limit?  You know I've read that people recon stating they want to go on a major trip and they are successful with getting recons so since it's Lowes I guess you can say that you are doing something with your house or something...like a major project and that you want to save some money.

Message 25 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes brought a beatiful home new built in 2002 recently I bought for a short sale and its exterior is still beatuiful but the kitchen and bathrooms need some updating for my taste. I will like to recon for 10,000 my credit is 741 and Income is about $150,000 no baddies never and a few inquires. so we will see on monday

Looks like Lowes pulls EQ and TU so if that is a true Fico score then if based solely on your score and income I see success, however the 3rd thing is utilization.  How does your utilization look?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 26 of 30
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

I give up! LOL Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

ult. is under 10 % on everything except pc richards card about 95%

@Rhaeny wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looks like Lowes pulls EQ and TU so if that is a true Fico score then if based solely on your score and income I see success, however the 3rd thing is utilization.  How does your utilization look?

Message 28 of 30
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

You guys must have real trouble with your e-mail.  Smiley Wink

@kevinjjc wrote:

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

You guys must have real trouble with your e-mail.  Smiley Wink

@kevinjjc wrote:

ROFLMAO!!

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.