Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Bank

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier Bank

If all the money that goes into the stupid fees of the lenders like FPB was to go to something better and we will have far less problems here in our America...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 20
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi there - I didn't notice a 7.95 fee to pay online....I will check that now.  IF SO YIKES!!  My balance is zero and I am mailing them a check for 21.00.  That should keep me covered until I can close the acct after mortgage is approved.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 12 of 20
JonStur
Established Contributor

I have both the gold and platinum cards (they're my 3rd & 4th oldest) that I'm closing soon and I haven't been charged to make online payments since the credit card act..I PIF every month and like yourself am left with the stupid $6.00 balance each month..can't understand why you are still charged to pay online...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pulling for everyone that's stuck with this junk. Couple months back I got a preapproved (could have been preselected) offer from FP for a card with a limit about equal to the annual fee. If memory serves, the terms even disclosed a periodic CLI with yet another fee. (Really, FP??) Fortunately FP's preselection criteria were off, as even the contents of my sock drawer beat the FP out of FP. GL, everyone!

Message 14 of 20
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

BUT she said that I qualified for another card w/ them.  (WOW, My credit score is better already bc they never would give me CLI or another card before).

Probably a Platinum card.  Same limit, same fees.  Don't do it.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 15 of 20
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi everyone - I need to know if it would be okay to just close this account.  The problem is that we are about to start underwriting, but to get to the UW I have to get my credit score up.  This account is really screwing me up because they charge the 7 dollars the day the statement posts.  I just talked to a lady that said they do that so they have something to report each month to the bureaus. She claims they can't report if there is no balance.  She also said that the check I mailed to them Monday of this week is just going to get refunded to me since my balance is zero, that they will not let me have a credit no matter what!!

Would it be better to have it report with 7 dollar balance, or close it so it is zero?  I simply do not know what to do.  What I should have done is just let this be the account that shows a small balance instead of the carecredit card, but too late now.

EDITED TO ADD:  I pushed through a 7.00 payment using my online banking (THANKS TO MYFICO I GOT THE MOTIVATION TO USE THIS TO PAY BILLS - AMAZING AND SO EASY!).  Also a check was mailed for 21 dollars.  If they end up still reporting this 7.00 balance I am going to have a fit. 

I really would like your opinions tho on if I should just close this card.  I know my AAoA can use it since I've had it since 07 - but it  will cost me $133.00 a year in fees just to keep it open.    Is that worth it?

Message 16 of 20
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Speak to your loan officer. I DO NOT recommend closing this account until after closing.

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 17 of 20
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My LO knows nothing compared to the MYFICO Forum rockstars.

I NEED this account to report zero.  I just got 6 points for another account reporting zero.  I've read that the only way it could hurt is if it increases revolving percentage, which it won't. 

Message 18 of 20
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

My LO knows nothing compared to the MYFICO Forum rockstars.

I NEED this account to report zero.  I just got 6 points for another account reporting zero.  I've read that the only way it could hurt is if it increases revolving percentage, which it won't. 

Booner, the only way it can hurt your score is the effect on utilization.  But on manual review, you could still be asked questions about closing an account.  I don't know why that would be a bad thing, but I might ask over on the mortgage forum to make sure.

As for getting it to report sero, I wonder if you send them an overpayment while having a balance if that will make a difference.  Or just push an overpayment from your bank instead of sending the additional money by check.  I find it odd that FP will send the refund back so quickly.  Chase and BoA will let a credit balance sit on your account for months before they get around to cutting you a check unless you specifically ask for it. 

But if the card has already hit the point where it reported $7 this month, it sounds like you are right, you should move on to working with the other cards and let FP be your card that reports a balance.  Or look at a rapid rescore.  I don't know anything about how rapid rescore works, it's just a term I see all the time on the mortgage threads.  Maybe run a search over there to see if that is something that can work for you.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 20
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Walt, I did push 7 dollars through online banking and sent in a check for 21 dollars.  I was told by one CSR that is the only way to get zero, was told by another yesterday that they put the 7 dollars on purpose each month "So we have something to report."  What-ever.  I hate them so much.  I am going to heed the warnings and keep it open but I'm telling you, I'm on pins and needles.  It's too late to have this be the balance that reports because I already had 25/1000 card report yesterday but it hasn't hit the reports yet.  I guess I can stop complaining now and just see what happens.  I do home no one will get this stinking card.  There are other rebuilder cards I've read about that don't do this kind of b.s. thing.

PS:  I just checked and I do have a 21 dollar credit showing online.  We'll see here soon if they report it w/ a zero or not.  BTW, This card is getting cut w/ scissors whether I close it or not. 

I appreciate everything I've learned from you guys!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.