Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier CC's / AAOA question

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

First Premier CC's / AAOA question

1. I've been reading a lot that if you have FPB cards, that most traditional cc companies will not issue you a card if they see you have these.  Is this really true?  

2. Why are people always saying don't close your oldest credit card account, because it will affect your AAOA, when in fact - closed or not, it is still calculated in your AAOA?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: First Premier CC's / AAOA question

@westo12 wrote:

1. I've been reading a lot that if you have FPB cards, that most traditional cc companies will not issue you a card if they see you have these.  Is this really true?  

2. Why are people always saying don't close your oldest credit card account, because it will affect your AAOA, when in fact - closed or not, it is still calculated in your AAOA?

1) It shows that you were a desperate sub-prime borrower at one point.

2) People are misinformed. Sources like credit karma indicate that closing an account with impact AAoA. When in fact an account closed in good standing will continue to report for 10 years.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 7
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@westo12 wrote:

1) It shows that you were a desperate sub-prime borrower at one point.

2) People are misinformed. Sources like credit karma indicate that closing an account with impact AAoA. When in fact an account closed in good standing will continue to report for 10 years.

LOL! I was literally just told that same thing by a few people on here when I got denied for Chase Freedom......Stupid credit "rebuilding" agency signed me up on the FP card. I got taken. lol

Shrug...I'm just using it until I get some more history to get a better card and then that one's gettin axed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 3 of 7
westo12
Established Contributor

So what about closed FP cc accounts? Would I be seen as a once desperate former subprime customer even then too?  Smiley Happy  I just was approved for a Cap One, had a BofA card which was closed by them even though I was never late that I'm still paying off also.  Just wasn't sure if I'll be profiled until those age off in 10 years or not. :/

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 4 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

FP seems to bug AMEX the most

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 7
westo12
Established Contributor

Good to know, as I'd LOVE to have an Amex this time next year. Smiley Happy

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 6 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

Good to know, as I'd LOVE to have an Amex this time next year. Smiley Happy

If you get your baddies off and utilization down, you should be good to go.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.