Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Card Holders

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier Card Holders

Orchard has one alright.

When you hit it, it simply says, "Call us to speak to a CSR if you want a credit line increase."

Gee, what luv......
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 11 of 22
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

jaysdad2k wrote:
Orchard has one alright.

When you hit it, it simply says, "Call us to speak to a CSR if you want a credit line increase."

Gee, what luv......

No kidding. Smiley Mad
Message 12 of 22
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

mjbfan79 wrote:

Mskiwi wrote:

I would kill for a Home Depot , Lowes or an IKEA card. I really love power tools and home decor. LOL

It will happen soon or later just keep paying your bills on time.
------------------------------

That's my plan. Those are just my 3 favorite stores.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 07-04-2008 07:52 AM

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaysdad2k wrote:
Orchard has one alright.

Gee, what luv......

Ah. So do the other CCCs have it where it automatically increases your CLI simply by pushing a web button???
Message 14 of 22
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaysdad2k wrote:
Orchard has one alright.

Gee, what luv......

Ah. So do the other CCCs have it where it automatically increases your CLI simply by pushing a web button???

It depends on the ccc. Some give you an automatic increase that you see the amount you are being given,  some state they will send you something in the mail in 7-10 days, some state call a csr. Are there specific cards you are asking about or just in general?
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MsKiwi wrote:

It depends on the ccc. Some give you an automatic increase that you see the amount you are being given,  some state they will send you something in the mail in 7-10 days, some state call a csr. Are there specific cards you are asking about or just in general?

I was curious about all of them, but mostly about Orchard ... just got our first CC in about 5 years, YAY!!!

From what I've been reading, Orchard is pretty stinky when it comes to CSRs and fees, so I was hoping that good, regular, generous CLIs would offset that. :/

Mainly, I wanted us to have Orchard to start building some history so we can get a prime card like the BoA 99/500.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin wrote:

From what I've been reading, Orchard is pretty stinky when it comes to CSRs and fees, so I was hoping that good, regular, generous CLIs would offset that. :/

Unfortunately, no.  Orchard CLIs are pretty stinky, as well.

But, hey, you have a card, which is at least an opportunity to start building some positive revolving history, which will only open up opportunities to better cards in the future!

By the way, as a little bit of encouragement about how quickly your profile can improve once you start building positive history, I was in a similar situation as yours just 10 months ago.  Except I didn't get an Orchard Platinum.  I got an Orchard Secured card instead.

Sep 2007 my best score was 631 and my highest CL was $500 secured.
July 2008 my best score is 744 and my highest CL is $15K.

It can be done!

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-04-2008 09:53 PM
Message 17 of 22
Client9
Regular Contributor

The blind squirrel finds the acorn every once in a while

I am probably the exception to the rule when it comes to Orchard.
In Nov 2005 I had a $400 CL, now that CL is $2700.

Never be late! 
What I have found what works is paying the minimum or a bit more each month, then a few weeks later make another payment. 
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Client9 wrote:

I am probably the exception to the rule when it comes to Orchard.
In Nov 2005 I had a $400 CL, now that CL is $2700.

Congratulations on your Orchard CLIs.

The thing is, it's taken you 2.5 years to get an additional $2300.  That's still peanuts compared to most issuers, and I'd still call it "stinky", as Wonderin put it. Smiley Tongue

I think part of the reason you are the exception to the rule is that you've actually kept your Orchard card long enough to see some CLIs.  Many (if not most) Orchard cardholders who post on this forum grow impatient with their lack of willingness to grow, so they just dump them before it even gets to that point.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a card through FP 3 years ago. I was on time with payments...then I lost my job. (Not by my fault) Back then, I had no idea what to do, nor did I know of any resource that I could go to for help. So, instead, I was not able to pay due to lack of income.

Over time, I completely forgot about my obligations to FP. They never made any contact about the account. Until I pulled my FICOs, that is!

The account was in CO status. I called them to take care of the obligation, but tried to offer at least something to clean the neg. reporting. I tried to offer up to $200 more than what was owed. They told me that under law, they had to report it as a P-CO. The guy told me that banks have different responsibilites than other creditors, and that I would have been able to do things like that with a bank. (I thought that they were a bank...since they are known as First Premier BANK....Oh well!)

I was persistent, but to no avail. The guy that I spoke with was EXTREMELY nice, and gave me his direct contact so that I can call him for my PIF letter in 15 days. Also gave me some knowlegde.

I do not wish to carry another one of their cards again....but I was very pleased with the way I was treated.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.