Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Credit Card

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier Credit Card

@LS2982 wrote:
In all honesty if you do PIF and use your bank account to pay on it there are no real fees out of the ordinary to deal with.

But most people that can only be approved for those type cards tend to not PIF and get those astronomical APR's applied to their balances.

+1

True story. Even still, OP if you can get approved for something else, please go there. Don't want to be caught in a situation where you had all the intention in the world to pay in full and "something comes up" that prevents you from being able to do so. The interest rate is outrageous.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 44
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

RUN!!! Wish I never made that mistake 5 years ago.....they are horrible.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 44
Unoriginalnj
Regular Contributor

Agreed stay away from first premier. Do a pre approval on cap1 website and work from there
Message 13 of 44
Jlu
Established Contributor

I disagree with everyone here. I do agree that you should seek out ALL options before you go with FP. If all else fails then you need to make a commitment to yourself. If you commit to PIF every month and you are willing to pay half your initial CL in fees go for it. You can use them for a year to build your credit and drop them before the next years AF. If you cannot pay for what you charge (which you shouldn't be doing regardless) then by all means take the advice of everyone here. However if you are responsible and cannot get any other card then you shouldn't cross FP off your list.

CreditOne however I agree with everyone - stay away - any credit card that lacks a grace period (starts charging interest immediately) you should stay away from.

Also, FP DOES NOT GW, PFD, etc so if you screw them you can plan on having it stay on your CR for the entire 7 years. no exceptions. They prey on subprime customers and will do what ever it takes to keep you in the subprime bracket so that they can continue to suck you dry.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 14 of 44
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

Sound advice here

@Jlu wrote:

I disagree with everyone here. I do agree that you should seek out ALL options before you go with FP. If all else fails then you need to make a commitment to yourself. If you commit to PIF every month and you are willing to pay half your initial CL in fees go for it. You can use them for a year to build your credit and drop them before the next years AF. If you cannot pay for what you charge (which you shouldn't be doing regardless) then by all means take the advice of everyone here. However if you are responsible and cannot get any other card then you shouldn't cross FP off your list.

CreditOne however I agree with everyone - stay away - any credit card that lacks a grace period (starts charging interest immediately) you should stay away from.

Also, FP DOES NOT GW, PFD, etc so if you screw them you can plan on having it stay on your CR for the entire 7 years. no exceptions. They prey on subprime customers and will do what ever it takes to keep you in the subprime bracket so that they can continue to suck you dry.

Message 15 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Totally agree!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 44
annielorie
Valued Contributor

OP Before I found this site and the quest for the ultimate credit score. I had nothing but negs on report and no open or closed good accounts reporting.  I got a first premie and was faithful like a nun. I am now in possession just 8 months later of Discover JcPenny Lowes and Freedom+ a new car lease.  Check other options but  if all else fails use it like gum cc and PIF when you get home then put the card in the drawer and use it for something small to report and again PIF.  My interest rate is 49.9% I thought that was usary but it is what it is my anniversary is October and off they go before 75$ AF.  THe only way I would even keep the card is if they did no HP and upped my limit to at least a 1,000. Then I'd use it for the occasinal coffee. But lets face it that is not going to happen and 300 CL isnt really gonna shake up my utility.  Good luck

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 17 of 44
mokong
Regular Contributor

my friend filed bk 7, 2 yrs ago and after that he got a first premiere cc with 700cl, he had max out and he pays like 30bucks + a month for monthly charge.this month theyre going to charge him annual fee of $49 + monthly fee of 14.99 

his credit card are:

first Premiere

credit One

capitol one

hsbc

all have annual fee and he max out.lol.

Message 18 of 44
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

If your cool with paying them $179 in annual fees, 49.99% APR and other maintenance fees, then go ahead and apply. I have a partly secured card with them which I had to put down $95 for the security deposit. $300 CL. The card served its purpose. I got my scores up to the 700 range and got my foot in with some prime lenders. Now its time to move on and axed FPB before they hit me with there $179 annual fee.
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 19 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Anyone can be successful with FP, you just have to be smart with usage and payment.

This should be a test for anyone looking to rebuild, if you can be responsible with this card you can be responsible with prime cards.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.