Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Credit Card

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: First Premier Credit Card

I feel like this thread should be stickied for those new to the forums..just titled First Premier - Stay Away Smiley Tongue 

Message 41 of 44
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

I feel like this thread should be stickied for those new to the forums..just titled First Premier - Stay Away Smiley Tongue 

Then they'll be another thread titled "But what about Credit ONE!!" lolz

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 42 of 44
ale

Another thing about them is that first year annual fee was ubber high..but now, in my second year, they are breaking it down to monthly.  So while it is still HIGH, I can cancel during the coming year if my score rises enough.  I do PIF every month, religiously.  And it is not a secured card, so that is something.  Still working my way through all this following a divorce.  

Starting Score: 575
Current Score:
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 44
sbluejean
Established Member

I've had an FP card with 9.9% APR for 3 years now and have paid them very well; ...never, ever late. With only token 2 - $100.00 to $150.00 CLI's, in March 2012 I called to increase again and was told, "You have an excellent payment history, here's another $150.00", and was immediately transferred to some clown who asked, "how about we give you another card to go along with the one you've got? I told him I didn't need another card, just want my limit increased on the one I've got to a respectable amount". Long story short, I accepted the new card with a $400.00 limit and hung up.

Last week I called for another CLI. This time, I was clearly talking to someone in a land far, far away and was told, "I'm thanking you very much for your concern, but I am not knowing". that call was a bonafide fiasco and was ultimately told "You do not qualify for a limit increase". ...REALLY???, Seriously!! I've paid you guys like a slot machine for 3 years now and you tell me NO? Okay.. Last week I received 2 new cards from Barclays and Citi with $1,300 and $1,800 limits, and those guys don't even know me.

I called FP back today and got Hadji on the phone. Told him I want to cancel both cards and close both accounts (which I had just paid to $0 balances) and was immediately transferred to a white, Anglo-Saxon American by the name of Jeff. When I told him I was canceling both accounts he replied with, "Pleeeeaaaasssse don't leave us!! I informed Jeff that I had no more use for them and was insulted by the last rep. I spoke with and further told him, "I think we're done here".

Jeff increased both my cards an additional $200.00 each and further explained that First Premier cards only go up to a $1,500.00 limit!! I proceeded to tell Jeff that, based on their paultry limit increases and the time it takes to get them, I doubt I'd live long enough to see that limit.

By the way, as reward for my excellent payment history, the 2nd card they issued me came with a 36% APR. Thanks First Premier, you guys are real sweethearts. Now, I have yet to pay a dime's worth of interest on either of those accounts because I make multiple payments each month and leave only $10-$20.00 balances. Still, it was GOODBYE TURKEYS!!!

Starting 06/2012 - EQX FICO: 571, EXP Faco: 600, TU Faco: 637.
Now 12/10/2012 - EQX Beacon 5.0 Auto 694 , EXP Faco 709, TU Faco: 783
FICO Goal: 780
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.