cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier Guaranteed Second Card - what a laugh

Toyhero
New Contributor

First Premier Guaranteed Second Card - what a laugh

Just got an email from these bandits with a "guaranteed offer" of a seocnd card with a 1,000 limit due to my excellent credit history. $79 fee first year and more next and -ready for it - 36% APR. I have their useless card sock drawered until they are ready to charge me another annual fee.  These guys are not nice. Plain and simple. 

WF Sig Rewards, Apple, Cathay Sig Vs, BB&T Travel Rewards, Amex Hilton, Amex Magnet, Langley FCU VS, Amex Delta Blue(pc fm Plat), Avianca Vuela VS, WingsFCU VS, Amex ED, DiscoverIt Miles, TD Cash VS, BBVA Compass VS, Citi AA, Amex Gold, Paypal MC, Chase Amazon Prime VS, Amex Platinum, Walmart MC, Amex Delta Reserve, Citi DC, Penfed Promise VS, Credit One X 2, (they wanted me to stay Lol), CapOne QS (oldest gotta keep), Cheapoair store card, Rip: First Prem. Starting 6/2016 all mid 500's with no credit, 8/2019 EQ 700, EX 704, TU 741, with approx 130k in TL. 3% until. Goal 750 across the board by Aug 2019. Now - in the garden for sure :-) (maybe LOL)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier Guaranteed Second Card - what a laugh

36% ?  Robbery!

Unknown.png

No Preset Spending Limit Hilton - $20K  Cash Magnet $18k Blue Cash Preferred $28K   Discover IT HSN Card  FurnRow $20K  Rooms To Go Synchrony $16.5K $5k Amazon Prime Card $10k  Home Mortgage 280K 3% 39K Car Loan 1.9%

Message 2 of 6
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

@Toyhero wrote:

Just got an email from these bandits with a "guaranteed offer" of a seocnd card with a 1,000 limit due to my excellent credit history. $79 fee first year and more next and -ready for it - 36% APR. I have their useless card sock drawered until they are ready to charge me another annual fee.  These guys are not nice. Plain and simple. 

This must be the new "Why?" card. As in "Why would you take a second First Premier at 36% and a $79 AF when you're getting hosed by the first one?"

I can see people lining up for that one.Smiley Tongue

OK, one month so far...
Message 3 of 6
oldman87
Valued Contributor

They probably target everyone who has 2 Credit One cards.
Message 4 of 6
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Well, what do you expect? Original poster has an excellent credit history. That's how they qualify for such an incredibly awesome APR and starting limit.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 6
Sloedough
Regular Contributor

Funny! I burnt these guys many years ago before I was responsable. They had to do a charge off. It was so long ago, it is no longer on my CRs. So they leave me alone, thank god.

However I do get a weekly mailer from Credit One. My best friend's todler loves playing with those cardboard credit cards. He has a wallet filled with them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.