Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier .... really odd

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

First Premier .... really odd

Ok so im over my max on a card I have with these guys, but I've never missed a payment, and was going to pay the amount I owe monthly plus the overage which is like $122 total, probably tomorrow of Friday.

The weird thing is, they called up today offering to take off 20% of my balance if I agreed to let them schedule the payment for Saturday. So I was like....ok?

So yeah, supposedly they will credit me 20% of my balance on saturday after they pull what we agreed to out of my checking account.

Has anyone ever had this happen? and if so was it a pre cursor to something bad? Only reason im over max is due to yearly fee & yeah, over usage, but like i said ive never missed a payment. Im wondering if she offered this because she was worried i wasnt goinv to pay or something.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Premier .... really odd

@Rebuilding69 wrote:
Ok so im over my max on a card I have with these guys, but I've never missed a payment, and was going to pay the amount I owe monthly plus the overage which is like $122 total, probably tomorrow of Friday.

The weird thing is, they called up today offering to take off 20% of my balance if I agreed to let them schedule the payment for Saturday. So I was like....ok?

So yeah, supposedly they will credit me 20% of my balance on saturday after they pull what we agreed to out of my checking account.

Has anyone ever had this happen? and if so was it a pre cursor to something bad? Only reason im over max is due to yearly fee & yeah, over usage, but like i said ive never missed a payment. Im wondering if she offered this because she was worried i wasnt goinv to pay or something.

Never heard of it, Perhaps they think you are about to C/O and wanted to get SOMETHING instead of nothing?

I have to ask though. Since you have that NFCU card with a 5K limit, why are you still using that FP card? And most importantly, why do you still have it (them)?

Just curious.. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Never heard of it, Perhaps they think you are about to C/O and wanted to get SOMETHING instead of nothing?

I have to ask though. Since you have that NFCU card with a 5K limit, why are you still using that FP card? And most importantly, why do you still have it (them)?

Just curious.. Smiley Happy

I was wondering the same thing 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 7
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Mainly because I have literally no credit history at all. My NFCU card is less than a year old & my FP cards are like 2-3 years old. I'm afraid if I pay off & close those accounts it will make my file look worse with only 1 credit card with less than a year of usage.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

Mainly because I have literally no credit history at all. My NFCU card is less than a year old & my FP cards are like 2-3 years old. I'm afraid if I pay off & close those accounts it will make my file look worse with only 1 credit card with less than a year of usage.

I can understand that.

However maxing out your lowest limit cards is probably not the best way to make your file look it's best.

There are better options that do not cost $200/yr in fees if you seek them out. Consider a change whenever you feel you're ready. Smiley Happy

As to the 20% off your balance, was there anything else they said that might lead to the answer?

Message 5 of 7
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Well if you do close your FP cards they will still stay on your CR for 10 years. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

This may be a situation where you'd be better off closing.   If you put those same charges on your NFCU, your overall UTIL would increase, but your UTIL per account will drop.  Having a maxed out CC isn't good for your score, since UTIL makes up 30% of your scoring.   I'd recommend paying off and closing and movinng your purchases to yoru NFCU.   Once the reporting updates after all that, you might want to look into another CC that pulls EX.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.