cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

tag
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Premier sent me invite for second card no CR pull?

Avoid at all costs.  Having FP on your credit profile is like a financial STD. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 11 of 15
toppers555
Established Contributor

@somnipotent wrote:

Avoid at all costs.  Having FP on your credit profile is like a financial STD. 

I would not go that far. Depends on which version you have and when you got it .  Not all apr are 36% I know mine wasn't when I had one.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 12 of 15
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

This is a credit rebuilding card. There's really not much reason to have two tradelines from this company reporting as the older one alone will get you to a point where you can get cards from GE and there there you can grow your CL's and use that as a jumping off point to prime cards.

A second FP card will weight on your ability to manage your utilization in a credit-healthy way given the HUGE fees associated with the card.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 13 of 15
dodfire
Valued Contributor

I agree! No need to have two of them. As bad as this CC is..."It is what it is". Just keep it a while and use it as a stepping stone. I had to get the FP card back in 2009 $250cl and worked my way up to Credit 1 then to Cap 1. Here it is 3 years later but I am now in the prime cards with $10k limits. It just takes time and patience. You cannot rush it and I do not think that 2 of these cards will help you more than just having one. Just my opinion. 

*8/10/13
Message 14 of 15
tonikay68

Hello

I need a more detailed explanation for First Premier Credit Cards.

I applied for a First Premier Credit Card in 2010. The card sent to me was a "Centennial Credit Card" M/C..On back of card it shows First Premier Bank Services.

Is a Centennial Credit Card a First Premier Bank Card? Why was a Centinnial Credit Card sent to me instead of a  First Premier Card.

If First Premier is stating a Second Premier Card is at my disposal then that would mean that I should already have  "/FirstOne" First Premier Card already. Or is a Centinnial Card actually a First Premier Card.? What's the difference?

What is the difference between a First Premier Credit Card and a First Premier Bank Credit Card

Thank You

Toni K.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.