Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Premier um..

tag
k-s
Regular Contributor

Re: First Premier um..

DBF and I still get them all the time too even with 720+ scores and a wallet full of prime cards. Just shredded one from CreditOne this morning. It's certainly nothing to take personally!
EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 11 of 38
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I must say I love ALL my offers. It started with Credit One, then came Fingerhut followed by First Premier and finally Discover! Feels so good getting CC offers for the first time in my life at the age of 30. I personally don't want any of those tradelines but it feels damn good to be courted by creditors at last.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 12 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I must say I love ALL my offers. It started with Credit One, then came Fingerhut followed by First Premier and finally Discover! Feels so good getting CC offers for the first time in my life at the age of 30. I personally don't want any of those tradelines but it feels damn good to be courted by creditors at last.

See OP, some individuals don't mind getting these offers.  Different strokes for different folks.

Message 13 of 38
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I got my CreditOne cc last week. I even paid for the design I wanted. Even though I have nine other cards, I'm using this to buy my daily coffee Smiley LOL 

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 14 of 38
enharu
Super Contributor

There's no need to feel insulted. To be fair, your profile isn't too far off from their "target" customers. All these banks do for preapprovals is that they request a list of names and address of people who fit into the criteria they had listed, and the CRAs return them with a list. The letters are then auto generated and sent out, sometimes by unpaid interns Smiley Happy it's pretty much the same thing for most other financial services products.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 38
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@amdm2013 wrote:

I got my CreditOne cc last week. I even paid for the design I wanted. Even though I have nine other cards, I'm using this to buy my daily coffee Smiley LOL 

Why would you get a CreditOne card when you have a BoA card? Aren't the fees much more reasonable on the BoA card?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 16 of 38
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

@amdm2013 wrote:

Why would you get a CreditOne card when you have a BoA card? Aren't the fees much more reasonable on the BoA card?

They are! I use my other cards for major purchases only. This one, with a credit limit of $300, is exactly what I need ... only for misc. purchases.

CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 17 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

My mom used to say "be thankful you're getting any mail, someone's thinking of you." However, I'd take a letter from First Premier over the IRS anytime.

I'm one of those people Finstar mentioned that returns blank applications to them. The Post Office needs the work.
Message 18 of 38
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

For me Premier mailed the same $700 preapproval many others have seen the last quarter of 2013. It came on the heels after a flurry of Prime lender offers so i assume it's a pattern after your credit begins to improve noticeably. The starting limit after their high fees are assessed first said 525.00
Message 19 of 38
FixingMyCreditASAP
Established Member

First Premier has been good to me outside of the initial "fee". At the same time though, my credit was a good sign that I couldn't be trusted with money so I understood the "fee". They wanted to pad their risk. Now that I've had the card for awhile, it's helped my get better cards with higher limits. Cards that'll grow. Just don't plan on carrying a balance.

4/13 Scores - EQ 521 - TU 541 - EX-592
2/2015 Scores EQ 677 TU 650
Current Cards - Chase Freedom 3.5K / 4K Barclays reward /American Express 500 / DiscoverIT 1500 / QuickSilver / 1.3K Walmart / Auto Loan of 24k really helped my scores
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.