Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Secured Credit Card?

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: First Secured Credit Card?

@NastyNatex wrote:

yeah I just stuck with cap1 for now hopefully everything go according to plan. But I which I would of went with BofA or SDFCU.

DW and I are both very happy with BofA cash rewards secured card. Her card arrived with cash rewards, mine didn't, so I asked via chat about a change from normal to cash rewards (didn't even have the card, just give the last 4 digits from online banking), 4 weeks later I got the new cash rewards card. That will easy offset the AF.

I read a lot about early graduation (9 months, some even early), good CLI and many got the AF removed.

Just had this card for a month, my DW over 1.5 months.

To-do for this week, ask about putting more money on DW card, let's see what they say about that.

Message 11 of 13
NastyNatex

@newhis cool keep me posted. Smiley Happy

To keep everybody updated I had to pay $99 security deposit for a $200 CL. I called them and they can't do nothing right now since their system is down but she did tell me to call tomorrow. I already paid via online and saved my transaction ID so i'm good to go. Thanks for all the info.

Message 12 of 13
wmweeza
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@msbia wrote:

Well everyone is different. Some people love Capital One and I think that they have a good secured card, my husband has one. He deposited $49 and they gave him a $200 limit. He's been making timely payments and loves the freedom it gives him. The BOA is not guaranteed approval, they have pretty stringent requirements as well and i have seen people get denied for it. The State Department secured card is a good bet, but I got my secured through my credit union and through a Discover denial and a Usaa secured. Easiest bet, Cap1, iffy but best all round secured card, BOA, alternates SDFCU or local CU. Good luck op!

I agree with this.  At one point I was really unhappy with Capital One, but I've realized they offer products that served as a means to an end.  Without the history I was able to build with them, I may not be where I am today.  So you will find opinions all over the place with them and just about all other lenders.

BoA secured card is a really nice product and has a high rate of graduation. 

I'd go with BofA, I put down a $95 deposit on a $300 sedcured account as my first account a few years ago. It graduated, and now I'm at $1700 unsecured

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.