First app spree (4 apps)

tag
Croselx
Contributor

First app spree (4 apps)

Recently I did my first ever app spree and results are (in order): 

WalMart: Online Instant for $1K 

Sears: Store Instant for $2.5K 

Home Depot: Online, denied (for third time... misteriously no HP) - called 2x for recon (first was sent to store with ID by a regular CSR, was a waste of time as it did nothing), second was approved for $1250 after answering identity questions(odd that Citi gave me a higher starting limit than GE Walmart, I have been with GE for 1.5 years and have treated them well).

Amazon Visa: Online, asked for copy of ID to confirm address, approved for $400 - I suspect this one was low due to verification issue at the beginning, will wait for all cards to report and ask for a match (at least $1K).

I only had 2 cards prior to this (a visa at $500 and PPSM at $800), so I got 4x my available credit.  Current plans: Garden for a year (so all inquiries fall off), ask for CLIs every 4 months and keep overall util at 10% or lower. Then apply for cards that give decent rewards.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: First app spree (4 apps)

Congrats!!! Thats awesome that you got good credit cards issued by great banks. Thats weird that they didnt give you the Sears MasterCard with that CL. Same goes with Wal Mart thats a great Limit to strat of with the Discover version. Anyway they will be upgraded if you are responsible. Enjoy!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Congratttttttttttttttt

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 11
Croselx
Contributor

Thanks! The WM is Discover and as for Sears, they told me at the store that they don't offer the MC in PR (they don't offer a backup card in case Citi denies you either). I will treat these cards with care and hopefully get regular CLIs and open the door for prime pre-approvals.
As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 5 of 11
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats on the approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

your score isn't too bad why didn't you apply for better cards? I would've apped for an Amex to get your foot in the door for backdating, a BCP/BCE seems possible with your scores since the cap. Also since Home Depot and Sears are both issued by Citi they pull internal scoring since you had the Sears approval already so that's probably why they denied you without a HP. Amex does'nt do a HP if denied.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 11
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats good for you!

Message 8 of 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

your score isn't too bad why didn't you apply for better cards? I would've apped for an Amex to get your foot in the door for backdating, a BCP/BCE seems possible with your scores since the cap. Also since Home Depot and Sears are both issued by Citi they pull internal scoring since you had the Sears approval already so that's probably why they denied you without a HP. Amex does'nt do a HP if denied.

Even you not a member >?? They never do HP if denied right ????

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 11
distantarray
Established Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Even you not a member >?? They never do HP if denied right ????

you have to be a member Smiley Tongue  

Exisiting customers don't get a HP if denied.

since the OP already got approved for a Citi card, getting another one within a few days is a bit much and no HP cause of it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.