Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: First card(s) for someone with zero credit..suggestions welcome

@Gregory1776wrote:

@simplynoir

@simplynoirwrote:

@sdsoccerdadwrote:

@simplynoirwrote:

Does he have anything on his credit report to generate a score? And it's not a bad idea for the first two suggestions. For starter cards assuming he can't go the unsecured route probably go Disco as one for sure since it can graduate and NFCU secured card (I'm assuming from signature if he isn't military you can get him in being a member yourself) from them as well that way he can get a head start with building history with them. Third one can be up to him if he wants/needs it; if the wife will be willing to add him to a card or two with solid history that would be ideal.

There is absolutely nothing on his report.  I'll definitely do all 3 suggestions.  Can't believe he's gone this long with using only cash. Never a bad idea!

I don't see anything wrong per say for using cash only if that's what someone chooses to do but for vacation/emergency purposes I don't know how someone gets by without one.

Saving dude!

For booking hotel/travel you normally need a credit card. And people don't want to touch cash savings unless absolutely necessary.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.