Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First cld Citi Retail Home Depot

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

First cld Citi Retail Home Depot

Looks like its the beginning of the end lol. Received my first cld today from Citibank Retail for my Home Depot card. From $5000  to $2501.  Cant say i blame them i never use the card since i cant use it online nor get things shipped to home lol. Im suprised they didnt just close it but heck i gained a $1Smiley Wink.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First cld Citi Retail Home Depot

As you said not a bad one for you in your case.. could of been a major and that would of stung worse Smiley Happy. Sorry about the CLD, but probably form lack of use vs. anything else.

Message 2 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry for your CLDSmiley Sad

I closed mine a while back, as I really had no use for it.

Message 3 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

As you said not a bad one for you in your case.. could of been a major and that would of stung worse Smiley Happy. Sorry about the CLD, but probably form lack of use vs. anything else.

Yeah, i think it was lack of use. They definetly gave more time of nonuse than id expect and could have just closed it. Ill have to take a trip out there to buy something but  its not super important right now. I lost $2499 but gained $1651 elsewhere recently so  im ok for now. 

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Sorry for your CLDSmiley Sad

I closed mine a while back, as I really had no use for it.

Thanks Smartie, i just got home and noticed an email from Experian notifying me of a cld. Honestly thought it would be Sync but i was prepared to not do anything rash like close it out of spite. I could have paid off all of my cc debt but i sacrificed it all to help my Dad so every cl padding helps right now🙂

Message 5 of 17
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit  not sure which HD card you have but I just used my mines online tonight to order something and I have had several thing delieverd to my home and i got mine this year with a 5K SL. Sorry to hear about your CLD tho.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that you got a CLD man but I'm glad it wasn't on a card you relied on. 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Looks like its the beginning of the end lol. Received my first cld today from Citibank Retail for my Home Depot card. From $5000  to $2501.  Cant say i blame them i never use the card since i cant use it online nor get things shipped to home lol. Im suprised they didnt just close it but heck i gained a $1Smiley Wink.

Like the $2,501 CL! Got'ta love that extra "$1" Smiley Very Happy

My history with Citi Bank goes way back to 1979 (when they located a Citi Bank in Sioux Falls SD to to get around many of the more restrictive Usuary Laws on interest). With Citi Bank over time it seems they have never mastered the art of 'chewing gum and walking'! Their credit card website needs some desperate help from the MyFicoer's that work in IT as it is obvious they are unable to figure it out! My Citi landing page is deplorable!

Well not to side track from your recent score of a CL reduction ...!!! Congrats Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 17
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that.  But that 1 would seriously irk me.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 9 of 17
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I use mine online and have things shipped all the time. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.