Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

tag
armymom
Regular Contributor

First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  Smiley Surprised  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! Smiley Very Happy  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Re: First new accounts in 8 yrs!!

@armymom wrote:

I have been in need of a new oven, so decide to go into my locale Home Depot and apply.  Approved for $1000!!  Smiley Surprised  I know that pales in comparison to what some are approved for but I was thrilled to pieces.  I went home and called to see if I qualified for an CLI.  $2000!!  

After being approved for HD I decided since I haven't applied for a major cc in about 8 yrs, I went online and applied for a Citi Plat MC.  Approved for $5000!! Smiley Very Happy  I about fell off the chair!!  Honestly.  I know it has an AF but adding the bonus miles to what I currently have gives me enough for a RT ticket to Europe to see my son.  

I have learned so much by my own mistakes and even more by reading this forum.  I truly can't thank everyone here enough.  I definitely won't make the same mistakes again. 

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

Congrats and enjoy your trip to Europe. 
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, you need to update your siggy now. Congrats!
Message 4 of 5
armymom
Regular Contributor

@aquatic1 wrote:

@armymom wrote:

Good for you!!!!!! If you don't mind, can you tell what your scores are and what report they pulled?

When I was approved for my Hooters card I was super happy.  $300 is not enough for some but for me it was a HUGE step forward! 

Citi pulled EX and my plus score is 707.  I'm at 40% util and that's what suprised me about being approved.  And getting a 5K limit.  Home Depot pulled EQ and my fico score is 724. 

PenFed is next on the list.  But that's is at least 6 months down the road.  I know I need to get my balances paid down before applying.  I want to refinance my car. So I want to join, refinance and apply for their visa all at the same time.

Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 10:28 AM
Message Edited by armymom on 12-13-2009 12:44 PM
Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.