Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First startup charge card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First startup charge card?

My friend just shared PointCard with me and I was instantly intrigued -- i've never seen a charge card that underwrote based on income & liquid assets in the consumer space. 

What do we think? 

https://www.point.app/titan

18 REPLIES 18
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: First startup charge card?

@Anonymous wrote:

My friend just shared PointCard with me and I was instantly intrigued -- i've never seen a charge card that underwrote based on income & liquid assets in the consumer space. 

What do we think? 

In my opinion, not interesting 5X categories and there are lot of cards to those 3X categories without AF. And NO credits? and a $399 fee! 

Message 2 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

The example card number begins with "92" which I'm not familiar with. Seems not VISA nor MC?

The qualification is income or assets, not both. The "unlimited charging" is NPSL, same as AMEX where the charges are accepted or not based on cardholder history.  

The points categories could be useful to some. Switching them at will is a nice feature.  

The AF and true value for the AF is another thing entirely. No early word whether they will have any sort of credits available to defray that charge. I would guess yes and that they are still in negotiations.  

At least they aren't going titanium and are using "cold rolled steel" for differentiation.   

I should get on the list, just because...

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 3 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

This is like a weird attempt at an Amex charge card aimed at hipsters. It seems you only get 2 of the 5% categories, and there's nothing really useful to me that I don't already have covered, especially for a $399 AF. (Max Cash Preferred please!)

What network does this even run on?

Message 4 of 19
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do we think? 

$400 anual fee?  : puke:  But I totally commend you for including a link!!!!  Thank you!  :bow:  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 5 of 19
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

$399 AF and no credits, no airline/hotel status, not even Priority Pass?

EDIT: nevermind I see it comes with Priority Pass... but we don't know if you can bring anyone in with you.

5x categories are way too specific.  Looks like there's airline partners, which is nice, but apart from JetBlue and Lufthansa we don't know who they are.  Not sure why they wouldn't reveal what network it runs on.  NPSL so you have no idea what your limit is and you can't carry a balance.

I've never heard of any of those "brands that matter."

But there's a wait list, so you better get in line now!

I guess this might be a good option for people who meet the income/asset requirement but would have trouble getting a premium card through a credit check.  It's a hard pass for me though.

@Anonymous wrote:

What do we think? 

Brand new member giving us the scoop on this new product with a link... say hi to the rest of the marketing team from us.

Message 6 of 19
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

New Fintech Premium Card Offering

I was browsing the interwebs and noticed an article about a new FinTech premium card called PointCard Titan. Something to look forward to after the X1 hype fades haha.  I mean who doesn't like more METAL in their wallet? 

https://milestomemories.com/pointcard-titan-launch/

Message 7 of 19
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: New Fintech Premium Card Offering

for the hefty AF, the card and rewards structure seems a bit lack luster

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 19
C6
Regular Contributor

The $399 fee kills the deal. Most purchases for me would be at the 1% level. Assuming that one can qualify, the Venture X is a substantially better card with it's 10x/2x rewards, plus annual credits to cover the fee, and a 100,000 point sub.

Message 9 of 19
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Yeahh you're not wrong, there needs to be a hefty credit or sub of some kind to justify that AF.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.