cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixing my credit, AU on USBANK card and Wells Fargo card.

tag
thatguy1
Contributor

Fixing my credit, AU on USBANK card and Wells Fargo card.

So I am fixing my credit, got added to my girlfriends USbank card as a AU and it's reporting fine. I also got added to my buddies Wells Fargo account. He called and all they wanted was my name and address, not my social. Will I see this on my CR soon?

Also, my street bike is financed in his name... I have made the payments on time for over a year, is there a way to be added to that?  I want to put it in my name but I have yet to get my scores over 600 yet, they are all around 580 now. Balance on that loan is only like $2500 now as I have been paying 4-500 a month on it.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fixing my credit, AU on USBANK card and Wells Fargo card.

Welcome to the forum!  besides the TLs that you are an AU on - do you have any credit? Are you repairing yours while rebuilding? 

AUs are discounted by a lot of lenders so it's imperative that you obtain your own credit and repair the baddies.  

The CRAs may or not pick up on the WF cc because the match criteria ( surname, address and SSN) are not present.  However, they might be able to match with your name.

Since the bike is secured, usually you will either need to refi the koan or qualify as a co applicant.

Message 2 of 8
RnJ
Contributor

Don't know what your credit reports look like, but if not all bad and you have income, then try to apply for secured credit card at your local credit union, this is usually always a good starting point.

Message 3 of 8
thatguy1
Contributor

Lots of good stuff from 2000-2007 on my CR, including numerous vehicles paid off, credit cards, ect. 3 years ago I let a house to repo (deed in leiu, no balance) and shut off all of my cards and paid everything off. I was a bit upset with the system at the time, I make about 100K a year and have been buying everything with cash. Now I need to fix my credit to put a commercial building in my name (need a 200K loan, not big) by this time next year (currenty owner carry).

I have some baddies on my CR I didn't know about since my CR shows a very old address, currently paying them off and trying to get PFDs on them.

I don't have a credit card at the moment so I was going to put like 2k on a secured CC with USBANK and another 2K on a business fuel card (Texico/Chevron).

My current score is ~580 with the three CRAs.

123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
Message 4 of 8
thatguy1
Contributor

FYI, my current baddies:

Cavalry Portfolio for $1224, going to pay this off in the next week or so.

Credit Collection Service for $74, already paid, some insurance bill I never got (promised to delete)

Midland Credit Managment $2952, working on this one last, I understand they are a bear to deal with.

Convergent Outsourcing $276, just showed up a few days ago. Was a Paypal credit line that Paypal wouldn't accept payment for and I never got bills for. Paypal is retarded. Paid on it forever without issue and then they changed their website and I could no longer access to pay. Going to PFD in the next day or two.

I plan on buying a new truck this week too for 27K with 7K down (KBB 35K) but it will probably end ub in my buddies name till I can get my score up.

Oh, and no CU here anymore. They closed Smiley Sad, so did the savings and loan Smiley Sad. I am stuck with banks now. I do have a CU in Phoenix (UHaul Federal CU) but they are difficult to deal with since they have no local branch.

Message 5 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Until you have some positive TLs reporting your scores are going to be stagnant.  You are doing the right thing with the baddies but you need a few TLs in your name not just as an AU.  With the baddies reporting AUs are not helping your score.  

Add a few secured cc's -talk to your bank, local cu etc.  

Unless you have to buy that truck now, it would be a good idea to finance it in your name after your CR's update.  Some if not all of your old closed accounts may be falling off soon and that will hurt your score. 

Message 6 of 8
thatguy1
Contributor

What would help more? A single secured CC with 2K on it or two cards with 1K each? Can you add funds after opening accounts or is it set to your initial deposit?

Message 7 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@thatguy1 wrote:

What would help more? A single secured CC with 2K on it or two cards with 1K each? Can you add funds after opening accounts or is it set to your initial deposit?

It would depend on the issuer if you can add to your deposit.  Two is better than one

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.