Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flawed logic? (Juniper card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flawed logic? (Juniper card)

I've had my $2500 cl Juniper card for 6 or 7 years now. In 2009, I had a late (literally like 8 hours late) and they raised my rate to 30.24 from I believe 11%-ish. They wouldn't work with me on the accidental late other than to delete the late fee. I've tried them a couple times since with little luck. (They once offered to lower it to 29.99 based on my credit lol)

I avoided using the card because of the rate and just started paying it down. Stuff happened, needed to use the card recently. Then last month I received a letter saying they raised my limit $700. What the heck? My credit is not good enough to get my rate lowered but it's good enough to give me more credit? I assume it was prompted by the use of the card... does that sound right?

I want to try again to have my rate lowered, and was wondering if there was anything in particular I should bring up in the converation, or some type of strategy I could use to try and get this rate back to normal.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Flawed logic? (Juniper card)

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my $2500 cl Juniper card for 6 or 7 years now. In 2009, I had a late (literally like 8 hours late) and they raised my rate to 30.24 from I believe 11%-ish. They wouldn't work with me on the accidental late other than to delete the late fee. I've tried them a couple times since with little luck. (They once offered to lower it to 29.99 based on my credit lol)

I avoided using the card because of the rate and just started paying it down. Stuff happened, needed to use the card recently. Then last month I received a letter saying they raised my limit $700. What the heck? My credit is not good enough to get my rate lowered but it's good enough to give me more credit? I assume it was prompted by the use of the card... does that sound right?

I want to try again to have my rate lowered, and was wondering if there was anything in particular I should bring up in the converation, or some type of strategy I could use to try and get this rate back to normal.

Thanks in advance!

I'd probably start with the fact that you have good payment history with them recently and that you would like to make this your every day card, but the APR is preventing that.  

I may be mixing this up with another regulation, but I thought penalty APRs, once you're in good standing after 6 months, need to be reviewed and lowered again. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 3
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Flawed logic? (Juniper card)

Barclay's doesn't seem to be flexible on lowering aprs! My Trav Amex is at 24.99%!!! Luckily, I just take advantage of the bt aprs! Maybe you could ask them about a bt offer... Then pay the account off in full and write yourself a check with the lower bt apr! That' a way to refinance your cc debt and lower the rate! Good luck!:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.