Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Spending Account

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Flexible Spending Account

I will get there don't worry. My discover just made it to 5k; so that's one account with a 5k limit and 13 year history. I think nfcu will upgrade me to siggy soon on my cash card. I also think that I can pc my amazon card to a siggy next march.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 21 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
I will get there don't worry. My discover just made it to 5k; so that's one account with a 5k limit and 13 year history. I think nfcu will upgrade me to siggy soon on my cash card. I also think that I can pc my amazon card to a siggy next march.

Congrats! 

I need to stay in the garden at least a year, so no new cards for me, but Cap1 told me if my cash rewards card goes up to 5k (which is unlikely, I know) they will change it to a visa sig from the MC version. 

Message 22 of 31
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow. The Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard that i got approved for with a $5k limit the other day just hit my reports yesterday, and it's showing up this way. I had no idea that's what it meant! Neat.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 23 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Autumnslight wrote:

Oh wow. The Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard that i got approved for with a $5k limit the other day just hit my reports yesterday, and it's showing up this way. I had no idea that's what it meant! Neat.

Really? Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

I would go over the limit since the account is new.  I don't think it is a good idea.  

Ron.

Message 25 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I would go over the limit since the account is new.  I don't think it is a good idea.  

Ron.

You would?? lol

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

You would?? lol

Not Barclays.  Smiley Sad

Ron.

Message 27 of 31
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, going over the limit on a new account, even if it's "allowed", seems like a pretty bad idea. Especially with an issuer with a reputation like Barclay. But, I'm definitely going to keep that in mind for the future when I need to pay any large amount that I would have otherwise used cash/savings for (like tuition!). I'm thinking that it would probably be a good idea to give them a call beforehand though.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 28 of 31
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I have a Chase Marriott Premier Signature with a 12k limit posted on my CR, and showing Flexible Spending Account, got the card in 3/2012.

I did not even know what sig even ment prior.  I just applied on a whim.

After learning so much informaiton on this forum I intend to start using this one.

I guess if I could go over the limit, then what is the point in asking for a CLI ?

Thank you everybody for so much good informaiton.

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 29 of 31
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I have a Chase Marriott Premier Signature with a 12k limit posted on my CR, and showing Flexible Spending Account, got the card in 3/2012.

I did not even know what sig even ment prior.  I just applied on a whim.

After learning so much informaiton on this forum I intend to start using this one.

I guess if I could go over the limit, then what is the point in asking for a CLI ?

Thank you everybody for so much good informaiton.

J

Because even if you go above the limit, you can neither carry that balance that is above the limit, and your account will still report 12k as the limit. If you get a CLI then it will start reporting a higher limit. Many people get CLIs not because they'll ever max out their card, but just to help with util and so it looks like they are more responsible with credit. 

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.