Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible spending credit card????

tag
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: Flexible spending credit card????

My Nordstrom Signature Visa started reporting my CL ($5,000) as of February. I carried a small balance for the first time, and thought maybe that was the reason. CK even shows it as "other". But I did notice that it shows on reports as Flexible Spending Credit Card. Ok, so now I have more total CL reported, and anyone who looks can see I've used very little of my available credit.

I think this is a good thing. The benefits of a Signature, and a reported CL.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 11 of 15
DI
Super Contributor

@minimock wrote:

What is up with this? I got my brand new BOA signature visa with a $8000 CL. It shows up on my CR as a "Flexible spending credit card"

With a big fat 0 on the CL line?

After careful consideration, I have come to the healthy conclusion that this cant be any good for ye ole FICO score.

Anyone else ever see this? 

I have the same card with a $7000 CL.  I did a product change to the BOA AMEX Accelerated card.  That should get the credit line to report to the CRAs.

Message 12 of 15
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Well. i dont think I would have got the signature except I have a checking, savings, 401k and a brokerage account with them, and all my baddies expired at the same time leaving me a clean slate and a decent score.

Thanks for the input.

Message 13 of 15
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

My think was that if the CL did not report they used highest usage as your CL.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:

My think was that if the CL did not report they used highest usage as your CL.

That is what the NPSL cards do.  I usually pay mine off before the statement cuts but I accidentally let one post a balance one month and my score took a 20 point hit as the card looked maxed out.  The next month when it showed paid off it rebounded back plus some...so it's only temporary.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.