Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fnbo closed my account

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Fnbo closed my account

well shoot. Whens the last time you used the card? Sorry about this.
Message 21 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jnbmom wrote:

I was checking my CK as I always do and noticed that FNBO closed my account on 9/22/21😡 This account was in perfect standing and opened for 11 months. No letter as of yet but was not expecting this😳

Well, that's a bummer @Jnbmom.  Definitely let us know what the letter says.  I believe you're not the only one that FNBO has done this. @woodyman100 had one of their FNBO accounts CLD, IIRC.  

Were you carrying a balance on the card at the time they closed it? How many BTs had you placed on the card since you've had it?  Were the BTs originating from your own cards or DHs?  I can't recall off hand, was this the only FNBO account you had?

Message 22 of 80
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I was checking my CK as I always do and noticed that FNBO closed my account on 9/22/21😡 This account was in perfect standing and opened for 11 months. No letter as of yet but was not expecting this😳

Well, that's a bummer @Jnbmom.  Definitely let us know what the letter says.  I believe you're not the only one that FNBO has done this. @woodyman100 had one of their FNBO accounts CLD, IIRC.  

Were you carrying a balance on the card at the time they closed it? How many BTs had you placed on the card since you've had it?  Were the BTs originating from your own cards or DHs?  I can't recall off hand, was this the only FNBO account you had?

Last year FNBO closed both of my rewards cards in succession.

a few months ago they closed the platinum.

Inquiries were cited all 3 times. I had actually not had any inquiries on Experian for 4 months when they closed the last one.

I had more inquiries when the accounts were opened. To be fair, they were a coffee every 6 months cards.

They just adjusted risk profiles and I landed into it

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 23 of 80
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Well that sucks! sigh.gif

I was under the impression that FNBO was a fairly stable lender. This sounds very Barclay's-ish to just shut someone down for something small and/or petty.

Do let us know what the excuse letter says! It sounds like you've been prudent all around with your credit so this should be interesting...

Message 24 of 80
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Yes only card I had from them that I had gotten a preapproval mailer from. I had transferred a few of my other cards for the BT and paid it off in 4 months . Last time I used the card was in July .

Well life goes on just not with them anymore lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 25 of 80
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

Well that sucks! sigh.gif

I was under the impression that FNBO was a fairly stable lender. This sounds very Barclay's-ish to just shut someone down for something small and/or petty.

Do let us know what the excuse letter says! It sounds like you've been prudent all around with your credit so this should be interesting...

I think what a lot of folks may forget (or not think about much) is the fact that the majority of lenders (more so banks than CUs) are prone to take similar adverse actions.  And while we don't see FNBO do so with as much frequency, they do happen, unfortunately.  We know CLDs and/or shutdowns aren't exclusive to Barclays, they also occur with Chase, AmEx, Citi, BoA, etc.

For instance, years and years ago most folks would praise Capital One for being "fairly stable" until the infamous 'haircuts' happened. Then, that same shift/mentality carried over to Discover, until CLDs happened, and more recently the infamous 4506-T/C instances.  Same thing with regional banks like Huntingon or 5/3, for example.

These AA situations are never pleasant, of course. So, it's always a good reminder to have some diversification as far as lenders or products go.

Message 26 of 80
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Im so sorry @Jnbmom . Cant believe they did that to Justin Beibers Mom! (inside joke) Well thier loss not yours. Still sucks though.

Message 27 of 80
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Im so sorry @Jnbmom . Cant believe they did that to Justin Beibers Mom! (inside joke) Well thier loss not yours. Still sucks though.

Thanks lol it's ok I have others but just kinda surprised at this one .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 28 of 80
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Sorry to here this, Was thinking of applying for the FNBo visa next year. Why don't trying to call again ask to speak to a supervisor see if you can find out why and if can get them to reopen the account, keep us updated.

Message 29 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wonder about this bank. A few months ago I went on their web site. I applied for an Evergreen card, the site pre approved me for $15,000 all I had to do was click accept, which I did DECLINED. LOL My FICO that day was 786. Nothing bad on my report and I never do balance transfers, no need.

Now I am glad they did this to me. It is better then having an account shut down for no good reason.

Again, I am sorry this happened to  you but some banks out there do not actually know what they are doing. This is a good case in point

Thanks

Mark

Message 30 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.