cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Chase, is there a way to remove authorized users?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For Chase, is there a way to remove authorized users?

So I'll be getting the AU bonus pretty soon when my statement cuts, but I'm wondering if there's some way to remove an AU from my Chase Freedom?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: For Chase, is there a way to remove authorized users?

Of course, you can remove an AU whenever. You can probably do it through the message center
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, but no way to do it without human interaction?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send them a SM and tell them do delete John Doe as your AU. They will respond back with the removal.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

W the actual F?

I have to ask, and I see this a lot on this forum, but why "evade" human interaction? I was on another thread and someone wanted all the ways you could do it without calling someone in person.

I had someone recently code my cars (add some features) and he refused to speak to me, text message back and forth for an hour while he remotely worked on two of my cars.

Is there a benefit I'm not aware of? (Sorry to hijack)
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
W the actual F?

I have to ask, and I see this a lot on this forum, but why "evade" human interaction? I was on another thread and someone wanted all the ways you could do it without calling someone in person.

I had someone recently code my cars (add some features) and he refused to speak to me, text message back and forth for an hour while he remotely worked on two of my cars.

http://bfy.tw/1J6f

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
W the actual F?

There's no exact benefit, but there are some reasons as to why someone might not want to talk to others by phone/through speech, and it largely has to do with anxiety--irrational anxiety on the phone, for example, is a symptom of social anxiety disorder.

People with learning disabilities that affect communication, and those with speech impediments such as significant stutters will sometimes communicate better by writing and revising their correspondence until it feels right instead of trying to say something correctly on the phone on the first try. People aren't exactly patient, and I think that goes double for CSRs who listen to people on the phone all day. 

Also, a lot of people with limited spoken English, as well as people who learned English late in life, may not be easily understood over the phone, and this brings a lot of frustration, as well as embarrasment in some--for example, my mother is averse to talking on the phone because, despite being a fluent English speaker, she has an incredibly heavy accent, and she becomes embarrassed when people can't understand her. Since her only problem is her accent, writing instead eliminates that obstacle.

Some people might also be asking for something such as an SP CLI, or an APR reduction, or reconning a decision, and they might just be a more convincing writer than speaker.

It's not always that the person is too lazy to talk, or is asocial, or something; it can be a little more complicated. But, yeah, sometimes it's a reason like I said above, sometimes it's because the person just doesn't like talking on the phone for whatever reason. It's good that with some lenders, we can also communicate online or perform a self-service, instead of talking on the phone. In the end of the day, it's convenient and everyone's got an option.

In terms to the AU removal, will Chase attempt to update the CRAs, or would one need to dispute to remove the information?

Message 7 of 17
gibeon
Established Contributor

On the AU's credit report the account will show as terminated (not a negative indicator) and any balance will be removed and not update. The card limit and any payment history showing will continue to be shown and the account will float on their report like anyany other closed account.

They will lose any utilization penalty/benefit from the card, but will keep the AAoA factor.
23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 8 of 17
newhis
Valued Contributor

@gibeon wrote:
On the AU's credit report the account will show as terminated (not a negative indicator) and any balance will be removed and not update. The card limit and any payment history showing will continue to be shown and the account will float on their report like anyany other closed account.

They will lose any utilization penalty/benefit from the card, but will keep the AAoA factor.

If I want to remove the AU from my reports (once it is closed), then I need to file a dispute, right?

My DW added me in a couple of cards, but then I got a couple of Amex with a MSD from a few years back, so it is better for my AAoA factor if I remove all the AUs from my reports.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told that Chase will notify the CRAs for you, but you'll have to ask them to do it, and they'll only do it after you remove the AU first.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.