cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all Walmart / GE Gurus!! Advice please:)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

For all Walmart / GE Gurus!! Advice please:)

will it still generate a statement for the month if I made a purchase AND pif the same month, and have a $0balance at the time the statement cuts?? All my other cards do, and was wondering if Walmart did?? Also.... To increase my chances of a cli in 4 months... Do to have to have a balance at the time the statements cuts for 4 months in a row?? Advice or personal experiences needed please, and thank you!!!)

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: For all Walmart / GE Gurus!! Advice please:)

Nope. Been there done that. My first month I pif before statement cut. Guess what. NO statement. So, last month I left 14 cents and bingo got a statement. Reported $0 to bureaus. So yeah I lost a month! Smiley Frustrated
Message 2 of 12
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I am still waiting for my 4th statement to cut and I'm in my 15th month of cardship. To the best of my knowledge/experience, a statement only cuts when there is a balance.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 3 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Darn it!! I guess I need to go buy something! I hate it when I have to buy something! LolSmiley Happy but I want to increase my chances of a cli in 4 months... So I guess I'll use it heavily making payments still but let a small balance report. Just got the card, bought groceries last night and went to customer service on the way out and Pif the entire bill.
Message 4 of 12
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

GE is wierd sometimes.

I used my Walmart Store card regularly when I got it for the 1st  2 or 3 months. Then sock drawered it.

Then, out of the Blue, got a Discover upgrade and CLI. 

That all happened around the 7th statement, or between 6 and 7, but no use on the store card in last 3 months so .....

You need to use it and post a balance of some form to generate a statement.  BUT, I do not think you need to have 4 statements generate to get a CLI. I think you need at least 1, and obviously be in good standing with them.

Of course YMMV, and there may be other factors that come into play as well.

For example, I have 2 other GE account Ive had for a year or more in good standing. Im not sure though whether thats considered or looked at in the CLI process.

But GE seems to put a lot of wieght towards your relationship/history with them. I say that because it seem they always start small, but start growing rapidly. After sdome time they can be extremely generous.

Message 5 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thank you for the advice!!Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

With WM as long as you have 4 months of activity closed from your last CLI  you are fine

Message 7 of 12
Darrell82
Established Contributor

I only let a balance report one time when i had that card in the 4 month periods and always got my increases. Good luck and hope everything works out for you to get your increases. 

Message 8 of 12
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I use my wm card once a month, I make a small purchase, pay it as soon as it posts and I have had a statement every month. I've never ran a balance on that card. I've stopped asking for cli's because I have more credit than income so I'm saving cli's for my other cards.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 9 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@CenturyChild wrote:

GE is wierd sometimes.

I used my Walmart Store card regularly when I got it for the 1st  2 or 3 months. Then sock drawered it.

Then, out of the Blue, got a Discover upgrade and CLI. 

That all happened around the 7th statement, or between 6 and 7, but no use on the store card in last 3 months so .....

You need to use it and post a balance of some form to generate a statement.  BUT, I do not think you need to have 4 statements generate to get a CLI. I think you need at least 1, and obviously be in good standing with them.

Of course YMMV, and there may be other factors that come into play as well.

For example, I have 2 other GE account Ive had for a year or more in good standing. Im not sure though whether thats considered or looked at in the CLI process.

But GE seems to put a lot of wieght towards your relationship/history with them. I say that because it seem they always start small, but start growing rapidly. After sdome time they can be extremely generous.

Mine is currently stuck at $300 CL.  I think I'm trying your plan. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.