cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For all you Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders....

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

For all you Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders....

I applied and received a Amex Delta Gold Skymiles card on 7/19 with a $1000 limit. I was curious if I would be eligible to receive a CLI after I had several collection accounts deleted since I opened the account and my scores have now increased. My FICO's are the following as of today: TransUnion - 620 Equifax - 654 Experian -679 I was not sure which CR they pull from for CLI and was wondering if I should wait a few more months, or hit the so much talked about "lov button?" Thanks to everyone here for the help the past few months. It has significantly improved my scores.
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
future
Frequent Contributor

Re: For all you Amex Delta Skymiles Card Holders....

First let me say good job!!!!  Now you can try , but is your uti low, if so i'm pretty sure you will get the cli, the good news is they pull from ex and that appears to be your highest scoreSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
travelguru
New Contributor

Great...thank you Future for the quick reply. My uti is at 0% since I just paid it off in full the other day. I have paid it off in full each month since I opened the account. I have been taking the advice of those on this forum and kept my uti around 10%. Now you mentioned they pull Experian, but I have read they also pull Equifax. I wanted to clarify this if possible. If they pull my TU I will not be getting anything, that is for sure. How much of a CLI should I ask for or what do you think I could be approved for with my scores?
Message 3 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

which state are u  in.  they might double your cl or even give you more since you have shown them responsibility. for me they pulled ex
Message 4 of 20
travelguru
New Contributor

I am in NC. I had a few old accounts drop off and a few deleted once I disputed them.
Message 5 of 20
travelguru
New Contributor

And also, would they do a hard or soft pull?
Message 6 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

travelguru wrote:
I am in NC. I had a few old accounts drop off and a few deleted once I disputed them.

it appears that they basically pull eq for nc.  its soft

Message Edited by future on 09-25-2007 12:40 AM
Message 7 of 20
travelguru
New Contributor

Is it any different if I request the CLI online or call them to do it? I am really not wanting to be denied. Thanks for the help.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had the card 30 days? You should have the card 30 days before you request.
Message 9 of 20
travelguru
New Contributor

I have had the card for almost 3 months with paying the balance off each month in full. I did apply this afternoon for the CLI and requested a $4000 increase to make it an even $5000 limit and to my amazement they approved it instantly. I am very happy that all this advice has really paid off in more ways than one. Does this mean I will get the FR from Amex now that I have this high-limit? I was honest with their questions, and I have nothing to hide, but I am curious. Thanks guys!
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.