Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For complete FICO, what other card?

tag
aodfan
Established Member

For complete FICO, what other card?

So I recently approved for a QS Visa, and today, I was approved for Chase FU, and AMEX BCP.  I currently have accounts through CAP1, and USBANK so I am able to get some FICOs from there...Am I missing one?  Are the ones from CAP1 or USBANK real FICO or FAKO?  Any other cards you recommend in order to get all my FICOs?

Thank you

11/10/16 EX: 769 | EQ: 767 | TU: 748 | AAoA: 7.8 yrs | Oldest Account: 14.4 yrs | Utilization: 2.4% | Total CL: $39,300

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For complete FICO, what other card?

Cap1 gives you a credit score, but it's a FAKO.

US Bank gives you Experian I think? I think Amex does as well

Citibank gives you Equifax (may depend on the card - check first)

Barclays and BofA = TransUnion

That might help

Message 2 of 12
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/credit-cards-give-free-fico-scores/

http://www.doughroller.net/credit-cards/credit-cards-that-offer-credit-scores/

At one point there was a spreadsheet floating around listing pretty much every card and which score / version they provided.

Message 3 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Unless you really need an additional card, why open one up just to get fico scores?  There are plenty of options for a small fee that offer true fico 8 scores on a monthly basis.  Just something to consider...

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Unless you really need an additional card, why open one up just to get fico scores?  There are plenty of options for a small fee that offer true fico 8 scores on a monthly basis.  Just something to consider...

I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but the only site (hint hint) I know of that offers FICOs for a "small fee" charges $30 a month. It may be worthwhile to some of us, but I'd rather save the $360 a year and get the free FICOs (which even if not always FICO 8, should be fairly close) plus perhaps some additional benefits by having a couple of extra good credit cards around.

Message 5 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but the only site (hint hint) I know of that offers FICOs for a "small fee" charges $30 a month. It may be worthwhile to some of us, but I'd rather save the $360 a year and get the free FICOs (which even if not always FICO 8, should be fairly close) plus perhaps some additional benefits by having a couple of extra good credit cards around.

That's why I mentioned unless he really needs a new card.  If he does and wants to look for one that offers that specific benefit, great.  But I get daily fico 8 scores from Experian and monthly from TU and EQ from CreditCheck Total and it cost me less than $15 bucks a month.  Anyway, I was just posting a sugguestion...the OP, obvisouly, is free to do as he or she pleases.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocan has a chart in his charts database that lists all of the cards and sites that give FICO or FAKO scores.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get my EQ from Mastercard, EX from AMEX, and TU from Discover for what it's worth. All great cards that I use to maximize rewards.. The free FICO scores are a GREAT perk though.. I record mine in a spreadsheet.
Message 8 of 12
aodfan
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
I get my EQ from Mastercard, EX from AMEX, and TU from Discover for what it's worth. All great cards that I use to maximize rewards.. The free FICO scores are a GREAT perk though.. I record mine in a spreadsheet.

When you say your MC, are you talking about your CU or Citi card?

11/10/16 EX: 769 | EQ: 767 | TU: 748 | AAoA: 7.8 yrs | Oldest Account: 14.4 yrs | Utilization: 2.4% | Total CL: $39,300

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi. My Costco and Double Cash use the same Citi login, and it's in there.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.