Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

I am seeing DPs on Reddit that indicate if you are interested in closing your Capital One Venture card because of the AF, give them a call. More than one redditor has said that a simple call to the CSR and their retention offer is to waive the AF. I am hearing its a 2-min call tops.

Thought I would pass that along. Another year with a CC without a AF is a good thing, especially in these trying times Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

CapOne is very systematic. With them it's either something loaded on your account or not. A human never had the discretion of doing anything when them.

Some will get an offer, some won't. It won't matter the script your using and you don't even have to mention that you want to cancel the card. Just simply ask if they can waive the fee and you'll get an answer.

No need for the cancellation song and dance.
Message 2 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Wow! A 2% card with no annual fee? Smiley Tongue

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 12
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Loquat wrote:
CapOne is very systematic. With them it's either something loaded on your account or not. A human never had the discretion of doing anything when them.

Some will get an offer, some won't. It won't matter the script your using and you don't even have to mention that you want to cancel the card. Just simply ask if they can waive the fee and you'll get an answer.

+1

You don't need to play the shell game with them. I honestly think the waiver wouldn't be a problem for most. An increase of 1% on certain categories with my Saver during COVID is all they've offered. Nothing like additional bumps on Chase and Amex. They'd be stupid not to grant the waived fee.

Message 4 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

I am seeing DPs on Reddit that indicate if you are interested in closing your Capital One Venture card because of the AF, give them a call. More than one redditor has said that a simple call to the CSR and their retention offer is to waive the AF. I am hearing its a 2-min call tops.

Thought I would pass that along. Another year with a CC without a AF is a good thing, especially in these trying times Smiley Happy

Now is that indefinite or for one year?

Message 5 of 12
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

You're not going to find a lender who offers a product that has an annual fee to waive it for as long as you have the product.  That's wishful thinking.

Message 6 of 12
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

You're not going to find a lender who offers a product that has an annual fee to waive it for as long as you have the product.  That's wishful thinking.

Then thats a common practice! Many banks do that as a one time courtesy, especially if you escalate it to a supervisor.

Now have them bring APR down! That's an achievement...

Message 7 of 12
core
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Capital One permanently waived the annual fee on my QS1.  Perhaps not so wishful thinking after all.

Message 8 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriosity  reported a permanent AF waiver on a business Aviator Red (the one that gives a free checked bag).

@core wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Capital One permanently waived the annual fee on my QS1.  Perhaps not so wishful thinking after all.

That's less about giving something of clear value away for free, and more about PCing up from a subprime product.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 12
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

This. No point in trying to make sure you're saying the right thing or anything like that. The offer will either be there or not.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.