Did you mean: 

For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

@core wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

You're not going to find a lender who offers a product that has an annual fee to waive it for as long as you have the product.  That's wishful thinking.

Capital One permanently waived the annual fee on my QS1.  Perhaps not so wishful thinking after all.

The fee you pay on the QS1 is just CapOne charging you for not having what they consider to be prime credit.  The QS1 doesn't offer anything different than the QS.  The difference is that the regular QS doesn't have an annual fee, comes with a signup offer, and 0% APR for a year or so.   QS1 is offered to those that aren't worthy of the regular QS in the eyes of CapOne and they charge you a $39 annual fee for the privilege of carrying their product. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For those Interested in closing Cap1 Venture Card

@Loquat wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

I am seeing DPs on Reddit that indicate if you are interested in closing your Capital One Venture card because of the AF, give them a call. More than one redditor has said that a simple call to the CSR and their retention offer is to waive the AF. I am hearing its a 2-min call tops.

Thought I would pass that along. Another year with a CC without a AF is a good thing, especially in these trying times Smiley Happy

Now is that indefinite or for one year?

You're not going to find a lender who offers a product that has an annual fee to waive it for as long as you have the product.  That's wishful thinking.

Three years ago I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card. Closed the card the following year before paying for the AF. Citi has come back to me as recent as this Spring offering the card with no AF ever. In fact I thought they dropped the fee. Just checked. Nope, still an AF.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.