cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those Who've Called the Cap1 Backdoor Number...

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

For those Who've Called the Cap1 Backdoor Number...

did cap1 do a hard pull?
(split off from the Backdoor Numbers thread) 
Message Edited by Scamp on 02-04-2009 10:29 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For those Who've Called the Cap1 Backdoor Number...

When I was denied last July and called them for a recon they did not pull my reports again, they also did not give me their card. Others might have different experiences though. 
Message 2 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

AFAIK, Capital One normally always softs. I don't recall any posts offhand when someone called the backdoor number and Capital One harding all 3 reports.

When I did it the CSR was telling me very specific things from each on of my CRs. I asked her if it was a soft pull and she replied that it's always a soft unless your opening an account. 

Here we go again...
Message 3 of 7
heirophant
Established Contributor

Ditto to Fretless.  And I asked twice and even asked the analyst if they knew what a hard pull was when they said it was a soft pull to be sure.  Probably sounded a little condescending, but the analyst understood why i had to ask.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 7
jestan01
Valued Member

Hi, All!

When I called the backdoor # for a CLI last September, they soft me and was approved for $500...

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 7
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

I called the Backdoor in either late November or early December and they CLI'ed from $500 to $800 and there was definitely no hard pull.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My backdoor CLI request resulted in a soft pull only.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.