Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those contacting Cap1 EO

tag
Axa
New Contributor

For those contacting Cap1 EO

I contacted them a week ago, and a rep asked me where I got the number. I told her the truth, that customer service had given it to me to resolve an issue with my account. She said she was just asking because they were just wondering how people got the number to their office.

So for those of you who are using the back door numbers...

I'm not sure of the real reason this rep asked me where I got their number, but every time I've ever heard that asked (and every time I've asked it) it's either for a really good reason or a really not-so-good one. I'm pretty sure Cap1 EO is not into marketing their number.

That said, I caution those who call them to not only show your best side, but also to keep this forum out of your speech when talking to them (or any backdoor contact, for that matter).

This post was born out of total assumption at the surprise of being asked where I got the number, so I'm not pointing the finger at all. Just writing out my thoughts. I hope they are well received.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: For those contacting Cap1 EO

I think they know already I've read of them reading post about the EO so im sure they know about the backdoor numbers Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@Axa wrote:

I contacted them a week ago, and a rep asked me where I got the number. I told her the truth, that customer service had given it to me to resolve an issue with my account. She said she was just asking because they were just wondering how people got the number to their office.

So for those of you who are using the back door numbers...

I'm not sure of the real reason this rep asked me where I got their number, but every time I've ever heard that asked (and every time I've asked it) it's either for a really good reason or a really not-so-good one. I'm pretty sure Cap1 EO is not into marketing their number.

That said, I caution those who call them to not only show your best side, but also to keep this forum out of your speech when talking to them (or any backdoor contact, for that matter).

This post was born out of total assumption at the surprise of being asked where I got the number, so I'm not pointing the finger at all. Just writing out my thoughts. I hope they are well received.

The EO contact was discovered last year.. they received a boat load of phone calls within a few days from a lot of us here.. They have known about this for awhile now..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 12
Axa
New Contributor

Yes, I'm sure they know. I didn't mean indicate keeping it a secret. I just meant there is no need to mention this forum when talking with them. It's a matter of respect for the forum, being the excellent resource that it is. Plus, it generally helps to have a good business attitude when calling so they keep the back door unlocked for those who need it.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 4 of 12
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

You're not supposed to call them unles you have an open/outstanding case.  You are assigned an executive customer service analyst to support you.  They tag your account with a note stating you have had executive level visability.  I know this because I called in on a different account and the same analyst called me back stating they got a flag on my account.

From what I've heard they get ticked if you call cold.  Your approach would be to email the executive contact, and then wait for a response.  They will call YOU.  Continually calling the backdoor number to the EO could get you blacklisted and/or ruin it for the rest of us.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 12
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, they won't even help you if you cold call.
Email is the best route with Capital One. :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 12
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Yes! Absolutely I would not call them directly unless you have an open ticket and to get it, you have to first email the EO and they will definitey return your call with a better outlook. I cold call them once and they didn't want to say, "well email EO first then we'll help you" but the way she acted didn't show too much of a concern. Must follow the proper channels first!

Message 7 of 12
osudelt00
Valued Member

If they would just change their cli policy they wouldn't. Get a deluge of people looking for their help. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 550
Current Score EQ: 688 Sep/7/13
Current Score TU: 686 Sep/7/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
DaBears
Senior Contributor

I would've told the rep "You never heard of GOOGLE?" I'm shocked Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 12
Axa
New Contributor

I'm just sayin', they must be taking tallies on where people are getting their number. We want to help people here on this forum. It's small incidents like this that mostly go unnoticed as an innocent rep inquiry and don't get posted to be brought to attention. Other companies may be doing this, too. It's not alarming until the list is whittled down to nearly nothing, then everyone panics because there is no longer a way to justify obtaining the tools you need to improve your credit profile. Okay, a little nihilistic, but I still think the rep comment was worth mentioning.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.