Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those into metal cards............

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

For those into metal cards............

http://www.blackcard.com/

It used to be made out of carbon, but now the front is stainless steel, and the back is still carbon.

That really does seem to be the only good thing about the card though.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am NOT recommending anyone to apply.

And for additional clarification..................

THE AF IS $495 (NOT WAIVED). 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Re: For those into metal cards............

$495 Annual Fee? No thanks.

Message 2 of 26
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

My friend has it.. like a 500 annual fee.. really not worth it if you ask me. However every time he whips it out, people do say "ohh the black card".. too bad it is probably the amex black they have heard about
Message 3 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

http://www.blackcard.com/

It used to be made out of carbon, but now the front is stainless steel, and the back is still carbon.

I saw the splash ad in one of the websites I was perusing earlier today.   You can probably fry an egg on it...LOL   So it still has carbon components?  Looks like the benefits are pretty much the same (i.e. "ok" ) as before if I recall correctly.

Message 4 of 26
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I really dont think its carbon.. maybe carbon printed... every time ive seen it, just looks flat black.
Message 5 of 26
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

+1

Good looking card.  Does Barclays do the underwriting?

Message 6 of 26
Smug
Established Contributor

You really need attention if you pay that annual fee.... Poor attention starved people.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 7 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I saw the splash ad in one of the websites I was perusing earlier today.   You can probably fry an egg on it...LOL   So it still has carbon components?  Looks like the benefits are pretty much the same (i.e. "ok" ) as before if I recall correctly.

Yea same I saw the ad while browsing cnn's website.

For a $400+ AF card, the benefits do seem very lackluster.

And it's not even a visa signature card....?

@B335is wrote:

@enharu wrote:

+1

Good looking card.  Does Barclays do the underwriting?

Yes the card is underwritten by Barclays.

And to clarify: No, I'm not recommending anyone to actually apply for this card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 26
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Is it a npsl signature card or do they issue limits? Ive never asked my buddy... he pays the AF obviously, but he also spends $100 bills like they are 1's
Message 9 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
Is it a npsl signature card or do they issue limits? Ive never asked my buddy... he pays the AF obviously, but he also spends $100 bills like they are 1's

Doesn't seem to mention it's NPSL.

They do issue limits though. 

Before CARD act was implemented, There were people whom got approved for 500CL and then charged $495 AF on it, essentially leaving $5 as available credit. 

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.