cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer friendly?

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer friendly?

Just wondering about experiences with BB&T. Still thinking about it since it’s a SP, but not if they’re a hassle to deal with. . I haven’t really seen much mentioned here regarding experiences with all the new approvals I’ve seen over the last few months. Is the website easy to navigate? Do they release available credit quickly or does it take awhile? I think I read no CLIs, is that still the standard?

Thanks for any insight.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer frie

I have 2 CCs with BB&T and they're linked to my bank account website portal. I don't think the site is NOT user-friendly, but I also don't think it is either, if that makes sense. For example I was thinking of adding my husband as an AU but they want you to fill out a form, sign it, and fax it to them. SUPER old school since most CC companies now allow you to do this with a few clicks. It seems like anytime you want to make changes or do something with the card, they want you to message customer service or call them. There are very little online features available to the cardholder, which I really don't like.

I've had both cards for several years, and I don't recall getting a CLI that I remember...

Message 2 of 26
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer frie

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 CCs with BB&T and they're linked to my bank account website portal. I don't think the site is NOT user-friendly, but I also don't think it is either, if that makes sense. For example I was thinking of adding my husband as an AU but they want you to fill out a form, sign it, and fax it to them. SUPER old school since most CC companies now allow you to do this with a few clicks. It seems like anytime you want to make changes or do something with the card, they want you to message customer service or call them. There are very little online features available to the cardholder, which I really don't like.

I've had both cards for several years, and I don't recall getting a CLI that I remember...

That is exactly the type of info I’m looking for. Yes, that’s pretty old school, sheesh ! Thank you!

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

do you mean no auto increases or you havent been approved for a increase request?

Message 4 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I've found their app and/or website pretty user-friendly. You can pay your CCs with external accounts as well (allow time for the payment to post) and you can toggle between accounts seamlessly. The CL availability isn't released immediately upon payment, unlike Chase, Comenity or AmEx, for instance. But, not a deal-breaker IMO since there are countless other lenders who do not have that feature. Their dashboard seems to be pretty functional and easy to navigate IMO.

C/S agents are helpful and knowledgeable from the limited interactions I've had.

CLIs are HP when an account becomes eligible for review.
Message 5 of 26
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I have had my Spectrum for 9-10 months. So far its smooth. No complaint. Shows your rewards pretty quickly. The website you can alter in a bunch of themes. Move blocks around or remove. Got tired of seeing my rep. Deleted. LOL! To redeem CB. You go to the Rewards Store and redeem as if your buying an item. Then the 10% bonus for adding to a savings or checking account goes thru in 2-3 days. I have the e-savings. No cost at all as long as you sign up online. But then you can transfer the CB to your bank. But now with BB&T merging with SunTrust which is where I bank. Going to be interesting then. My end. I'm satisfied.

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
I've found their app and/or website pretty user-friendly. You can pay your CCs with external accounts as well (allow time for the payment to post) and you can toggle between accounts seamlessly. The CL availability isn't released immediately upon payment, unlike Chase, Comenity or AmEx, for instance. But, not a deal-breaker IMO since there are countless other lenders who do not have that feature. Their dashboard seems to be pretty functional and easy to navigate IMO.

C/S agents are helpful and knowledgeable from the limited interactions I've had.

CLIs are HP when an account becomes eligible for review.

is thats like every 6 months on credit line reviews?

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, the short of it is...

Website works fine

Manual payments from external accounts requires entering the routing/account info each time (not saved)

SM take days for a response normally

Communication with them though is lackluster

The website / app are fine.  It's the bank that's the issue in my book.  The cards work if they show up.  Communicating with them through the website takes days not hours like other banks.  Resolving issues takes awhile if they're "complex" like a missing approved card.

I apped for 2 cards with them and got approvals for both.  I got an update e-mail saying 1 shipped and after about a week started to think something wasn't quite right.  Reached out a couple of times by phone and SM.  Finally contacted their CC division by phone after a response online showed my address missing my Unit # missing.  I didn't neglect it on the app but their system dropped it from the field when completing the application.  So, they sent it via UPS with the corrected address and it arrived as expected.  I inquired as to why I didn't get an update e-mail on the 2nd card and they couldn't find the info when looking and referred it to another dept to investigate.  I went back and forth with them for a couple of weeks on it and finally it showed up w/o a notification of any sort 47 days later.

Upon finally getting the 2nd card in hand I reached out again to see if they had any plans on compensating for the delay and issues with the experience with them as a new customer.  I threw out a couple of benign options for resolving the issue and e--mailed their VP of CC ops and didn't get a response for a week and sent the same e-mail through their online messaging instead.  It took them 17 days to send a response and it wasn't very warm and fuzzy.

They followed up with the prescribed remedy in a timely manner for the first date of waiving the interest on the balance but, then I had to get on them again for the 2nd month of interest.  In the meantime I already submitted a BT a CU card @ 6.9% and moved all of the balance to that card instead because their manual payment option from external accounts requires putting in the routing/account info each time.  Autopay for min/statement balance though works fine.

Message 8 of 26
delaney1
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I have had my Spectrum for 9-10 months. So far its smooth. No complaint. Shows your rewards pretty quickly. The website you can alter in a bunch of themes. Move blocks around or remove. Got tired of seeing my rep. Deleted. LOL! To redeem CB. You go to the Rewards Store and redeem as if your buying an item. Then the 10% bonus for adding to a savings or checking account goes thru in 2-3 days. I have the e-savings. No cost at all as long as you sign up online. But then you can transfer the CB to your bank. But now with BB&T merging with SunTrust which is where I bank. Going to be interesting then. My end. I'm satisfied.

I’m not following you with redeeming cashback. I don’t have checking or savings with them, so If I want cash back, I “buy” an item then I have to transfer the cb to my bank?

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

I’m not following you with redeeming cashback. I don’t have checking or savings with them, so If I want cash back, I “buy” an item then I have to transfer the cb to my bank?

No, you can redeem through the portal for $25 increments.  

Statement credit, GC, etc.

SC's take 24-48 hours to hit the account.  

image.png

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.