cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer friendly?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer frie

I got the e-savings which you apply for online. Theres no cost. I opened this so when I want to move my CB. They will give 10% of what you redeem to a checking or savings account with them. Once I did a $50 redemption. The $55 was pu tinto my e-savings account. The $55 I then sent to Suntrust because I linked my account to BB&T. I push payments from SunTrust Bill Pay to BB&T to pay my CC bill. Yes there is a link on the website to redeem awards. Its like a shopping portal for BB&T customers. There sits your CB amount. And you order it to go to your savings or checking account. Since I dont have both regular checking/savings with BB&T. I use e-savings.

Message 11 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: For those of you who have a BB&T credit card? Do you find the bank and website consumer frie

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
I've found their app and/or website pretty user-friendly. You can pay your CCs with external accounts as well (allow time for the payment to post) and you can toggle between accounts seamlessly. The CL availability isn't released immediately upon payment, unlike Chase, Comenity or AmEx, for instance. But, not a deal-breaker IMO since there are countless other lenders who do not have that feature. Their dashboard seems to be pretty functional and easy to navigate IMO.

C/S agents are helpful and knowledgeable from the limited interactions I've had.

CLIs are HP when an account becomes eligible for review.

is thats like every 6 months on credit line reviews?

Minimum of 12 months for [CLI] eligibility review. Of course, this could change once the BB&T and SunTrust merger takes place. 

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks finstar 

Message 13 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hey @FinStar, after the promo 0% runs out, do they ever have additional BT offers, similar to BoA cards? 

Their 'Bright' card looks like a decent BT card but I was just wondering if after the new account promo if there was ever other promos or if it was a one-shot deal like the Chase Slate.

Asking for a friend... Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

Hey @FinStar, after the promo 0% runs out, do they ever have additional BT offers, similar to BoA cards? 

Their 'Bright' card looks like a decent BT card but I was just wondering if after the new account promo if there was ever other promos or if it was a one-shot deal like the Chase Slate.

Howdy @UncleB, you can let your friend know that yes they do  Smiley Happy. Not as frequent as say....Comenity, but definitely throughout the year.  I've received them on both the BB&T Rewards (CC no longer available) and the Cash Rewards accounts.  The only one that I haven't seen offers for is the Travel Rewards, but I've only had it for less than a year Smiley Tongue.   So, I'm thinking Bright might follow suit like the others and if so I'll provide an updated DP. 

Message 15 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Howdy @UncleB, you can let your friend know that yes they do  Smiley Happy. Not as frequent as say....Comenity, but definitely throughout the year.  I've received them on both the BB&T Rewards (CC no longer available) and the Cash Rewards accounts.  The only one that I haven't seen offers for is the Travel Rewards, but I've only had it for less than a year Smiley Tongue.   So, I'm thinking Bright might follow suit like the others and if so I'll provide an updated DP. 

This is great to know... thanks so much!

My "friend" had a prequal offer for a pretty good rate a few months back so this might be something worth considering.  whistle.gif

Message 16 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

This is great to know... thanks so much!

My "friend" had a prequal offer for a pretty good rate a few months back so this might be something worth considering.  whistle.gif

Absolutely.

I think that your "friend" should definitely consider it, especially if the APR is pretty good, just to "lock" themselves in before the SunTrust merger Smiley Wink  I bet your "friend" can get a very decent SL too!

Message 17 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

Friend being Casper the friend ghost aka Uncleb?Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Hehe... you might say that. Smiley Very Happy

Just trying to scheme plan out things the best as I can. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Omg! I was literally about to post is this friend by chance named UB for short? 

@CreditCuriosity @UncleB 

smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.