Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have a BB&T CC....

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: For those who have a BB&T CC....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64  I have @CreditobsessedinFL beat....I’m on day 34 waiting for my card.  I have had weird issues holding it up though.....after 12 business days I called card services 800# and they could not find app approval in the system.  After getting that fixed, next issue is card was sent to physical address (rural area-we don’t have a mailbox) even after I verified they had correct PO Box mailing address.  Card cancelled, new one sent out.  I did receive the newest email yesterday that newest card is on the way....thinking will be here tomorrow and I’ll update my approval post for entire info.  Good luck and if you do not receive email stating card is on the way in the next few days, I’d call to make sure the system didn’t lose your info.  They are always very nice and as helpful as they can be when I have called.  

Will do, thanks for sharing your story 👍

Potential Future Cards
Message 11 of 23
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@CreditobsessedinFL wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

...how long did it take to get your CC?

Approved 10-days ago and still nothing and only 1-email since getting approved, and that's the approval email.

Kinda quiet - can almost hear the crickets Smiley LOL

Hey @Wavester64,  I was JUST about to post; regarding this very same issue...remember my 15K BT card that I was approved for on 5/21? I finally called on the 10th business day to inquire after the requisite 7-10 day window and dead silence since the initial approval email, and the CSRs couldn't see anything in their system. They said to give it another few days. On 6/2, I spoke with a lovely CSR, (who rocks, BTW) in the client resolutions department and she made a note to call me back on 6/9, to see if I had received the card. When she called, she had discovered why I hadn't gotten the card; my SS# snafu (key-in error by BB&T on initial card issuance) had landed me in the fraud department, where my file has been sitting, waiting for someone to get around to it. She was able to FINALLY fix the incorrect digit in my SS#,  tell me the card was indeed approved, get the ball rolling to get it into their system so that it showed up in my online account and it finally arrived in the mail TODAY, a full 28 days later. 
Quite the Odyssey and I just went ahead and paid off the meager balance yesterday that I was thinking of transferring to give it some use, lol. It will be cranberry sauce and a "break glass in case of emergency" tool for the future; it is activated and going into the SD tonight.  
Like most banks, they are somewhat buried due to PPP apps and COVID in general, but rather lovely once you get to a live CSR one on one, which is surprising these days, so give them a shout and get a status report. 

Thanks @CreditobsessedinFL if it doesn't come by tomorrows mail I'll do just that. You wouldn't happen to have the number to call would you? 😃

@Wavester64, call 1-800-642-3039 (client resolutions). Rest well. 

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

Approved 10-days ago and still nothing and only 1-email since getting approved, and that's the approval email.

They are slow. Call them. They actually take several days just to build up the account and assign an account number., let alone ship the card. Call them or go in branch. They can look up the account and tell you where it's at. 

Message 13 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

They're typically on the slow side and take several days to even create your account number. So I'd try to be patient and if you still get nothing by mid next week I'd consider calling. A few people have had their cards "lost" in the system and never created. But at this point, 10 calendar days, I wouldn't panic. Not every bank is as fast as some others. 

Message 14 of 23
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

Hey @Wavester64,  I was JUST about to post; regarding this very same issue...remember my 15K BT card that I was approved for on 5/21? I finally called on the 10th business day to inquire after the requisite 7-10 day window and dead silence since the initial approval email, and the CSRs couldn't see anything in their system. They said to give it another few days. On 6/2, I spoke with a lovely CSR, (who rocks, BTW) in the client resolutions department and she made a note to call me back on 6/9, to see if I had received the card. When she called, she had discovered why I hadn't gotten the card; my SS# snafu (key-in error by BB&T on initial card issuance) had landed me in the fraud department, where my file has been sitting, waiting for someone to get around to it. She was able to FINALLY fix the incorrect digit in my SS#,  tell me the card was indeed approved, get the ball rolling to get it into their system so that it showed up in my online account and it finally arrived in the mail TODAY, a full 28 days later. 
Quite the Odyssey and I just went ahead and paid off the meager balance yesterday that I was thinking of transferring to give it some use, lol. It will be cranberry sauce and a "break glass in case of emergency" tool for the future; it is activated and going into the SD tonight.  
Like most banks, they are somewhat buried due to PPP apps and COVID in general, but rather lovely once you get to a live CSR one on one, which is surprising these days, so give them a shout and get a status report. 

Thanks @CreditobsessedinFL if it doesn't come by tomorrows mail I'll do just that. You wouldn't happen to have the number to call would you? 😃

@Wavester64, call 1-800-642-3039 (client resolutions). Rest well. 

Thanks for the # :-) First off, omg does it get any friendlier! I thought AOD's CSRs were friendly, but BB&T is right up there! Love the southern accent too!. Said the info is there and everything looks OK, but no card account yet. She said (like others have on here) that the time they usually give for receiving the card, sometimes is longer than that. She mentioned that if I didnt get it by Wednesday, she would call her contact to see what needs to be done to expedite this.

Potential Future Cards
Message 15 of 23
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Thanks @Anonymous & @kdm31091 Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wavester64 wrote:

I was approved 6/15 and today marks 10 days and nothing, so I called. The CSR spent five minutes looking it up, and found me. Account was created 23rd, card issued 24th, and on its way to me... getting it in 7-10 days 😂 😂 

Message 17 of 23
CreditobsessedinFL
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

I was approved 6/15 and today marks 10 days and nothing, so I called. The CSR spent five minutes looking it up, and found me. Account was created 23rd, card issued 24th, and on its way to me... getting it in 7-10 days 😂 😂 

First card got to me on the 10th day, as promised, but that was pre-COVID-19. A few others in forums stated subsequent cards took significantly longer to receive than initial cards, FWIW...just happy I got it at all, lol! 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they should say, "Your account will be created in 7-10 days. Your card will arrive 7-10 days after that. " I mean, it's a post-COVID world out there, let's be real! 

Message 19 of 23
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they should say, "Your account will be created in 7-10 days. Your card will arrive 7-10 days after that. " I mean, it's a post-COVID world out there, let's be real! 

That's exactly what it should be! Smiley LOL

I apped on 6/8 and was approved. I got the "Your card will arrive" verbiage.

6/23 I am getting told my account was created and now my card will arrive in 7-10 days LOL

Not to mention just now the CRAs are reporting my BB&T as "Opened on 6/18" LOL, 10-days after it was approved Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.